Software issue
No votes
Hatdware AND software issues
6%

Total votes: 35

MC

Re: problems with your Voyager, or not?

Post by MC » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Signature Edition Voyager from 2002 serial number in the low 100s - zero problems.

Wow it's been ten years
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 am

The only problem I've had (had my Voyager Select for about 5 months) was there straight out of the box, but is really not a big deal - the instrument backlight pot does not dim the back lighting to 'off' just low illumination - as I said, no biggy and has no affect on it's awesome sonic character whatsoever! :D
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

alpharisc

Post by alpharisc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 am

Purchased a Voyager Select series about a year ago, didn't use it that much when I first got it, noticed that the right channel was a bit softer than the left. Turned it on the other day, now the right channel only plays a strange static noise, the Highpass filter no longer works (when enabled, sound is disabled completely), and the Oscillator 3 ON/OFF switch reports a change, however does not stop the audio. Maybe I didn't use it enough? Not overly sure what to do next! :cry:

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 am

alpharisc wrote:Purchased a Voyager Select series about a year ago, didn't use it that much when I first got it, noticed that the right channel was a bit softer than the left. Turned it on the other day, now the right channel only plays a strange static noise, the Highpass filter no longer works (when enabled, sound is disabled completely), and the Oscillator 3 ON/OFF switch reports a change, however does not stop the audio. Maybe I didn't use it enough? Not overly sure what to do next! :cry:
Sorry to hear about that. :(
Sounds like a couple of chips have gone bad, unfortunately. I would contact Moog support about it, either through email or telephone.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

alpharisc

Post by alpharisc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 pm

It most likely has, I have contacted the local distributor who is who I got it off, hopefully they can sort it out without a massive bill to go with it. :oops: