LP Arp sync/control via MP-201

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
yfalmagne

LP Arp sync/control via MP-201

Post by yfalmagne » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello all,

I want to call up a preset on my MP-201, have it send a program change to My Little Phatty, and have the arpeggiator instantly run, synced to the mp-201 tap tempo. I also want, when calling up a different preset, for the arpeggiator to NOT run automatically.

Right now, I have CH2 on the MP-201 (v2) set up as an LFO synced to tap tempo. This is set to generate midi clock signal to the LP from the "ALL" midi menu in Preset Edit mode. LP (v3) has global arpeggiator clock source as "midi clock." I then have CH1 on mp-201 as a midi gate sending CC 90 to start arpeggiator. Must I also use CC 113 to enable/disable the arpeggiator when creating patches such like this? This seems redundant to me....and uses 3 of the 4 MP channels. Phatty is v3 so arpeggiator continues running when changing patches.

I remember in LP v2 there was a way to save enable/disable for the arp at the preset level. Is this gone now? Is there a simpler way to achieve 1 touch recall for this application and get some MP channels back? I'd really like to use 'em.