Emailing Presets?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
craig8128

Emailing Presets?

Post by craig8128 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Has anyone managed to successfully email and receive a Preset? The "Email" button works great, brings up the mail app, etc. But when I receive an emailed Preset and try to load it, it doesn't work. Is there a trick to it? Or is it broken?

MarkM

Re: Emailing Presets?

Post by MarkM » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Is your loop also being emailed or just the app's settings?
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

craig8128

Post by craig8128 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 pm

MarkM wrote:Is your loop also being emailed or just the app's settings?
I believe I read in the user's guide that only the settings are emailed, no samples.

I've been testing by attempting to email some of the built-in presets -- so it should work ... however, I _just_ got the 1.1.2 update, I'll have to play with it, perhaps the email function will work better.

craig8128

Post by craig8128 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

I apologize for being a nag, but I'm still unable to email presets. Has anyone managed to successfully send / receive an emailed preset? Is anyone at Moog looking at this?

It would be a great feature if it worked, we could set up listservs to share presets, etc.

Craig

craig8128

Post by craig8128 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:01 pm

It's been awhile, thought I'd ask again: has anyone had any luck emailing (and receiving) Filtatron presets?

It won't work for me. I'd love to hear from someone (anyone!) who's managed to make it work. Frankly, I
think it's broken, and I wish Moog would release a fixed version. We could do a lot of neat sharing things
if the email feature worked.

Thanks,

Craig8128

steve norton

Post by steve norton » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 pm

hi craig8128,

just wanted you to know that you are not alone. i tried this weekend to email presets (containing no samples) from my iPhone to my iPad with no success. the email mechanism works fine, but when i click on the preset link, Filtatron comes forward but no preset appears in my list of presets.

i just tried searching the web for any commentary on this feature, but everything i found was just the product claim boilerplate.

what is the proper channel on which to log an issue like this?

thx,

/steve

magicaxeman

Post by magicaxeman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:14 am

I'm not 100% sure this will work but try it..

Save the emailed presets to a folder on your pc, note where the folder is.

On itunes click on your device, then on apps and scroll down to "file sharing"

On the left you will see a list of apps you have that can share files with your pc.

Click on the moog app you want to share the downloaded presets with then click the add button at the bottom on the right hand screen.
Navigate to the folder where you saved the presets, click the one you want to add (if more than one click the first and then the last whilst holding down the shift key)

Click open and they will appear in the file sharing list for that app.

Now click sync and they should show up in your presets list in the app.