EP-2 stopped working!

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
xmugenx

EP-2 stopped working!

Post by xmugenx » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Help!

I've tried searching the forum but there doesn't seem to be much on the EP-2. My EP-2 was working fine until a couple weeks ago. Now it's completely dead, doesn't work at all. Any thoughts?

gutbag

Re: EP-2 stopped working!

Post by gutbag » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am

If you can get hold of a meter that measures resistance, and know how to use it, check the measurement between ring and sleeve on the EP-2 plug. I can't remember exactly what it should be for the EP-2 but somewhere between 10k and 50k, I think. If it is, measure between tip and sleeve and operate the pedal. The resistance should vary between 0 and the value you measured between ring and sleeve. BTW, make sure the maximum knob on the side is fully clockwise.

If all of these seem OK, the EP-2 is OK. Have you checked the EP-2 in a different 'fooger CV input to make sure it's not that that's died? Also, just a reminder... is the appropriate 'fooger knob set to 0?

Hope that helps,

g