Freqbox PROBLEM

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
pioneer4

Freqbox PROBLEM

Post by pioneer4 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi there i was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a freqbox when engaged is giving off an unruly amount of noise. I opened
the back the only thing that cuts out the noise is placing (and holding!) my finger over a particular place on the circuit board. This solves the problem whilst still letting the correct signal through. Any ideas on what is wrong or a potential solution???

latigid on

Re: Freqbox PROBLEM

Post by latigid on » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Could it be RFI (Radio Frequency Interference)? Try moving location or plugging into a different power source.

Hopefully you don't have to actually touch part of the circuit to kill the noise!

mortensyr

Post by mortensyr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Have you tried tightening the screws on the circuit board? Maybe the grounding is loose? Have you checked if some of soldered parts are loose?

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 am

Simplify your setup to isolate the problem.
Change out cables; move the setup out in the open, away from where it now sits, etc.

Instrument > Freqbox > Amp
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/