noisy ep-2 again!!!??!!!!

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
wetpenny

noisy ep-2 again!!!??!!!!

Post by wetpenny » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 pm

i recently posted a thread in the moogerfooger forum concerning a noisy ep2 i had.
i was getting a static type sound , like a scratchy pot.. and thanks to the advice i received on the forum i sprayed a little contact cleaner in the ep2 and the noise disapperaed.... only to return, more contact cleaner applied etc etc but the noise kept returning...
long story short, i returned the ep2 to the supplier who are currently repairing it.. they didnt have any more ep2`s in stock so while mine was being repaired i thought id bite the bullet and purchase another from a different supplier (i was about to buy another one anyway so wtf.....??? ;) )
and lo and behold im now getting the exact same problem with this new ep2!!!!
needless to say , this one is going straight back for a refund but im just wondering if theres anybody else having similar problems out there?? is there a rogue batch of these ep2s in circulation???
i think theyre a fantastic pedal and a great price but im starting to think i should just buy an ernie ball volume pedal and get it modded!!