I've got wood! (now with more finished pics)

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:53 am

nikola wrote: :D if ever you decide its not god enough for you, send your wooden panels over the ocean to me :)
Sorry...the panels come with the synth. And I'm not giving the synth up. It will need to be buried with me, as even my cold, dead hands won't give it up. :lol: I'm sure someone over there could do some nice inlaid panels for you. The inlay doesn't need to be brass, either. It could be stainless steel, brushed aluminium, copper, abalone, etc. Nor does the wood have to be walnut or ash. I chose coco bolo because I love that particular wood. And definitely not because it's cheap.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

nikola

Post by nikola » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:03 am

you're right, this little synths are irreplaceable :)

djghostdogg

Post by djghostdogg » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:46 pm

I have this ability to visualize how stuff will look before it actually gets completed, so I knew how the logos would look on there.
:P
LP TE - MF-101 - MF-102 - MF-104z - MF-103 - CP-251

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 pm

hey voltor, your lp looks like a killer now! jeez love that panels man!
I just got ones from synthwood.com, and it's a little dissapointing .. not really acurate at measuring the shape of it (a little off from the body) and placement of screw holes are also a little bit off, damn! so i had to re-drill em on the inside a little bit so my screws can get through. That's a serious problem for this kind of specialized company imo.

Not mentioning that the shipment almost about a month (total made only about 5-7 days, promised me 7 days shipped after ordering) and no respond from the seller, thought i was screwed so i had to deal with paypal for refund, THEN he did respond, gosh too much hassle. The woods alone are okay. So in case anyone thinking about getting it from them, just be careful .. maybe i'm just one and only unlucky person, or maybe not ..? just look for someplace else if you could.

Anyway just wondering if your friend would like to make another ones in case if we need it? dang i'd really like to make those panels with that cool engrave.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:57 pm

sixsinisters wrote:hey voltor, your lp looks like a killer now! jeez love that panels man!
Thanks for the kind words! :D
I just got ones from synthwood.com, and it's a little dissapointing .. not really acurate at measuring the shape of it (a little off from the body) and placement of screw holes are also a little bit off, damn! so i had to re-drill em on the inside a little bit so my screws can get through. That's a serious problem for this kind of specialized company imo.
I agree 100% :shock:
Anyway just wondering if your friend would like to make another ones in case if we need it? dang i'd really like to make those panels with that cool engrave.
Anyone who would like panels can PM me for contact info and whatnot, and I would be happy to give his e-mail to anyone interested. He only does cash transactions, as woodwork is his hobby, and he's kind of old fashioned; barely using the e-mail he shares with his significant other, who I work with. As such, he only ships in the continental U.S. He also works with all kinds of wood, inlays, etc. To give an idea of cost, my panels were $120 for both. After shipping it would be significantly more.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:12 pm

finally have some photos to post of my custom sides after accidentally receiving stage I's synthwood was great to work with. sorry about the bad lighting will post better pics soon. also wanted to add next up will be some led modifications then maybe a paint job!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Very nice! Soon, you too will have a Phatty like mine...but mine will always be cooler. :lol:

Anyways, I find it odd that they didn't take the time to sink the side holes. Perhaps that's just how they make their sides? What color LED's were you thinking?

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:50 pm

the first set they sent me where sunk but i guess they forgot to i dont mind for now easy fix later down the road. haha the leds will remain a mystery till they are in and Working*. as they say in Colombia coco is king. Edit: during the led mod i was also contemplating swapping out the lcd with maybe one from sparkfun in a different color need to make sure this will work.

DavidSynthé

Post by DavidSynthé » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 am

Very nice :D

TehSlavik

Post by TehSlavik » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

This thread delivers. Very inspiring! 8)