New Soundtower LP editor version has finally arrived!

Everything Phatty.
Romain

Post by Romain » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm using it with Mac OS 10.5 and experience the same problems on saving/loading libraries.

I hope it'll be solved asap...

:? / :cry: / :wink:
Moog Little Phatty Tribute Edition #1167 | Moog Moogerfooger MF-101 Lowpass Filter | Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator | Moog Moogerfooger MF-105B Bass MuRF | Moog Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox |

tekengine

Post by tekengine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 am

anyone else think that it's a little unfair that we have to pay for this software? After forking out for the LP i would expect to be able to store my presets on my computer for free! :(
Does anyone know of a free app that does the same thing as this?

cplyon

Post by cplyon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:00 pm

The Mac version of the Editor Librarian 1.6.1 is unable to open Library files (verified by two other forum posters), making the product completely unusable as a Librarian. I'm also unable to open my presets imported from the LP, which was verified by another forum reader.

It's been over a month since my last email to Mark at SoundTower with no response. I've sent in crash dumps (yes, the Editor/Librarian crashes), my library and preset files, and steps to reproduce my issues and haven't got so much as an acknowledgment. I am happy to work with SoundTower to fix the issues, but they seem completely uninterested.

The poor quality of SoundTower's software is rivaled only by their appalling customer service. I'm surprised Moog has lent its good name to such a product.

waxdoctor

Post by waxdoctor » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm

yeees, i guess we all think the same about the soundtower LP editor and its support on bugs...
LPSE#00882,MF-101,102,103,107, CP-251(w/o red jacks), an EP-2 as well, MMVOS #0349, mfb-502,503 & xbase888, vermona per4mer, future retro xs, sms mars/planet7; oth./digi: monomachine mk2, blofeld, clavia electro 2, machinedrum

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 am

Any news of a new version of the software?.
Little Phatty SE
MF-101
MF-102
Virus Ti snow
Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MK1

tevege

SoundTower

Post by tevege » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

I read a lot about problems with Soundtower software.
My opinion is that Soundtower is not able to develop solid software because of the simple fact their team consists of musicians and not of professional software developers. I had very bad expierences with these guys after I reported some major bugs. I received a lot of promising emails about bug-fixes but never seen one. I don't like to be this negative but I wished someone warned me before I bought a Soundtower product!

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

There's a Voyager editor update as of this week, although the only fix I know of is the addition of asian-language Windows compatability.

According to the SoundTower website, there is a Little Phatty editor version 1.70 dated Sept. 8 2008 -- has everyone who was having problems already updated to this version?

edit: download it |||HERE|||

Please post in this thread if you are still having problems with LP Editor v1.70, and precisely what problems you're still having in this version.
It would also be helpful to know if anything has changed for you (good or bad) in this version vs. the previous one you were using.

I don't work for soundTower, but I am happy to advocate for our customers. :)

Kind regards,

Amos

waxdoctor

Post by waxdoctor » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:15 am

Dear Amos,

Version 1.7 - Mac OS X - file load is not fixed!!!

I still have the same problems with saving and loading a file in this newer version!

very best,

gernot
LPSE#00882,MF-101,102,103,107, CP-251(w/o red jacks), an EP-2 as well, MMVOS #0349, mfb-502,503 & xbase888, vermona per4mer, future retro xs, sms mars/planet7; oth./digi: monomachine mk2, blofeld, clavia electro 2, machinedrum

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:42 pm

tekengine wrote:anyone else think that it's a little unfair that we have to pay for this software? After forking out for the LP i would expect to be able to store my presets on my computer for free! :(
Does anyone know of a free app that does the same thing as this?
Yes of course you can store presets on your computer for free. The SoundTower editor has many nice features like on-screen editing and the very cool Genetics functions, but simply saving and loading presets requires nothing more than a program that can send and receive sysEx files.

For Mac OSX, I recommend SysEx Librarian
and for PC I recommend MidiOx.

Both of these programs are free to use, although I'm sure their programmers would gladly accept donations if you appreciate their work.

I can provide instructions on how to use these programs if needed. It's quick and easy!

Cheers,

Amos

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:50 pm

I have lately come back to midi-Ox after some problems with previous soundtower versions. With Midi-Ox it's a primitive way of saving and loading patches, but it is simple and reliable once you get used to midi-ox.

The latest soundtower version seems tork ok on PC though, as far as I can tell after short use. I will come back here if I face issues...

One offtopic question to Amos:
What kind of patches does the Voyager Oldschool Patchbook contain? I find no overview anywhere. Does it also contain one or two of the George Duke /Jan Hammer Lead (not bass) patches from the original Voyager?

cplyon

Post by cplyon » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:34 pm

The library file load problem I experienced is fixed in the 1.70 MacOS version of the Editor Librarian (opening .lpl files). However, I am still unable to open saved presets (.mlp files) I import from the LP (seems the same issue waxdoctor is having). As it stands, the LP Editor is nearly useless for Mac users.

Thanks Amos for the advocacy. I hope you've had more luck getting responses from SoundTower than paying customers like I have.
-Chris

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 am

jimknopf wrote: What kind of patches does the Voyager Oldschool Patchbook contain? I find no overview anywhere. Does it also contain one or two of the George Duke /Jan Hammer Lead (not bass) patches from the original Voyager?
Mostly leads and basses, with a few sound FX. There are George Duke and Jan Hammer leads included in the book. The last page of the Patch Book has the complete list of all the patches. I've excerpted that last page as a PDF file and have asked Amos to post it on the Old School Patch Book product page.

Hope it helps.

Greg

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am

Thank you for the hint!

So I can buy the patchbook without too much risk of not finding anything I look for...

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:08 am

jimknopf wrote: What kind of patches does the Voyager Oldschool Patchbook contain? I find no overview anywhere. Does it also contain one or two of the George Duke /Jan Hammer Lead (not bass) patches from the original Voyager?
FYI - The list has been posted on the OS Patchbook product site:

http://www.moogmusic.com/booksandmusic/ ... t_id=21146

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 am

Excellent!

Very good patch choice for my taste, as far as I can guess from the patch names.

"George's Narrow Pulse" certainly is the well known George Duke pitch-bend-soloing lead, is it?