robot voice

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:54 pm

I dunno, Planet Rock, to me, always sounded like it was through a flanger or delay with a REALLY short delay and a bit of feedback. It just sounded too metallic for a regular vocoder... As for current ones, digital ones are fairly plenty: Korg MS2000, MicroKorg, Nord MicroModular (all of which I have and recommend, also). Or if you want to go analog (and modular), Doepfer make a rack full of modules you can turn into a vocoder system (and are designed for this purpose). As always, EXPERIMENT! It might just be that all you need is a wacked-out flanger for the sound you need!

-andrew bunny

THM

Post by THM » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:57 am

It was definitely a vocoder - like I said hereabove I *think* I did read it was one of the classic Roland vocoders.
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:53 am

I had a Korg VC-10. It looks cool but is very limited when you want clear robo-vocals.
Today I use a Music And More VF-11 vocoder. Not so sexy to look at but sounds good and it as 11 bands that can be tuned.

More info:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

Regards
Demokid
Gearlist: Andromeda A6, Emu E4XT Ultra, Korg MS20, Minimoog Model D (incl.MIDI), Minimoog Voyager AE, Roland Jupiter-8 (MIDI), RE-301, Prophet~5 (Rev3.3 incl MIDI), Poly Evolver Keyboard, Pro~One, Prophet 08, Synthesizers.com Custom Studio-44

gd

Post by gd » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I just bought a Korg Radias that has an excellent Vocoder in it - but the Warp Factory would likely be your cheapest module for a decent sound.
Mini D, P'08 ..