New Taurus OS ideas

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Re: New Taurus OS ideas

Post by EricK » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 am

As I said in another thread I would love to see

1. Better Duophonics via Midi. (All Moog products should play together like the Slims. This is one of the main reasons I bought the T3)
I want to drone a note on the Voyager while I play a lead on the Taurus. Having to transpose the Voyager's keyboard down renders the Voyager's engine unusable.

2. I would also like to be able to disable all of the Midi control from the Voyager except the keyboard. I want to tweak the params of the Voyager without changing the sound of the Taurus.

You could add a "polyphonics" menu. That menu would reject Midi CC's and allow others. This would allow just external keyboard or keyboard and modwheel control over the Taurus.

Id also like to see a customized rubber cap that fits in the recess where the input/output/power jacks are to protect from dust.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

mico

Post by mico » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 am

EricK wrote:As I said in another thread I would love to see

1. Better Duophonics via Midi. (All Moog products should play together like the Slims. This is one of the main reasons I bought the T3)
I want to drone a note on the Voyager while I play a lead on the Taurus. Having to transpose the Voyager's keyboard down renders the Voyager's engine unusable.

2. I would also like to be able to disable all of the Midi control from the Voyager except the keyboard. I want to tweak the params of the Voyager without changing the sound of the Taurus.

You could add a "polyphonics" menu. That menu would reject Midi CC's and allow others. This would allow just external keyboard or keyboard and modwheel control over the Taurus.

Id also like to see a customized rubber cap that fits in the recess where the input/output/power jacks are to protect from dust.
Echoing for the purpose of expressing a concurrence.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi guys, the initial propouse of this tread was to recolect in one place all the features or improvements that we, T3 users, woul like to see in the new firmware.... since there´s no answer from Moog on the topic, i just want to express my dissapointment on the way Moog has deal with the T3 problems.... i'm pissed!!! :evil:
..::PATOBRUJO::..

factorplayer

Post by factorplayer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 am

They aren't necessarily obligated to reply to every (or even any) wish list or feature request thread someone starts up. You can always contact them directly if you actually expect a response.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 am

I sent an email regarding the MIDI bug. I have given up on future OS features and an editor for now, I just want the MIDI fixed. And Amos already knows about this bug as he replied in an old thread.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Do you remember how long it was before the LPTE owners got their update?

I think they will eventually get around to it. It just might be a year from now or something like that. THen again, Amos could pop back on here tomorow and post the latest update.

I REALLY WISH THOUGH THAT DUOPHONICS WITH THE VOYAGER/TAURUS IS AS EASY AS IT SUPPOSEDLY IS WITH THE SLIMS.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

moogyman

Post by moogyman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:20 am

EricK wrote:Do you remember how long it was before the LPTE owners got their update?

I think they will eventually get around to it. It just might be a year from now or something like that. THen again, Amos could pop back on here tomorow and post the latest update.

I REALLY WISH THOUGH THAT DUOPHONICS WITH THE VOYAGER/TAURUS IS AS EASY AS IT SUPPOSEDLY IS WITH THE SLIMS.
I still want to buy your Taurus dude.

Manny
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm

factorplayer wrote:They aren't necessarily obligated to reply to every (or even any) wish list or feature request thread someone starts up. You can always contact them directly if you actually expect a response.
I'm not expect them to reply just because i started this tread, that's the least important, i'm expect them to reply because the T3 was a "limited edition project" (i still have my gold letter), and i think that the support from moog to this specific product has been poor.
I'm referring to the midi bugs it has. Now if they want to give us the features people are asking on this tread that would be even better....
..::PATOBRUJO::..

Atomicunderware

Post by Atomicunderware » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 am

So I've had mine for three days and it's a superb synth. But, trying out a small midi keyboard last night - hanging notes. Needs fixing.
One small thing that bugs me is the control wheel. When I have it at half way, the parameter reads over 3000, which is well over half. It seems the majority of the sweep is in the bottom half of the wheel, which is annoying, as this is most useful part for performance (particularly cutoff). I tried calibrating, it made no difference. When the wheel is visually at half way, the display should read 2047. Should be an easy fix, if an update ever happens...
VOYAGER SOLAR-CHERRY/T3/MF-101/MF-104M/MF-105M/MF-107/MP-201

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 am

I decided to have at look at the much forgotten Taurus 3 minishite and saw this:
Posted by persona 8th Dec 2011:

dear fellow T3 owners

i sent a message to tech support yesterday telling them of the votes accumulating on the petition, and they have responded with some great news : )

in response to our requests, they are scheduling a firmware revision next week, and this should result in an update being with us imminently. i'm not sure of the extent of that update, but we should at least be free of bugs in a matter of days.

they are aware of the call for an editor (i hope none of us have incurred back problems in the meantime ; ) and they are considering how to move that forward as well.

they have asked for our understanding in view of their intensive development schedule and relatively small team. as far as i'm concerned, once my T3 is reliably useable, all will be forgiven. the editor is more important for us than they possibly realise, and there is reason to believe that the wait for it won't be anything near the delay we've had to date.

watch this space.

thumbs up for the moog guys, and for your good selves for adding your voices to the petition...

rumble on!

adam : )
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 pm

velocity to the internal soundmachine