Minitaur editor version 1

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
secmast

Minitaur editor version 1

Post by secmast » Fri May 18, 2012 6:49 am

Hi mister Moog,

Thanks but no thanks for the Minitaur Editor V1 under Mac.
After installation I lost all of my personal preset.
They where not that many but some where coming from a long process of "creation" and loosing them was not the plan.

Now two things:
By installing a new software version I should not loose my documents associated with it and if a compatibility issue comes, a script should be run to edit them automatically (should be seamless and user transparent)

This is something basic in the computer world, we should be able to choose the path where to save the presets, if anyone (software editor) save the documents in their own directory no one can make a backup because there is too many place to look at. This is why a user documents folder exist.

I don't call that a bug but a mistake that should be corrected and resolved to avoid future problems.

Amos

Re: Minitaur editor version 1

Post by Amos » Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 am

Thank you for your feedback about preset management; I can definitely see the advantage of having a known, user-selectable save location to make it easier to find and back up your presets. I'm sorry for your loss! I'll see what we can do to improve this.

To access or copy any presets within the editor beta (mac version), control-click on the application icon and choose "Show Package Contents." Presets are located in the Resources/Data/Presets directory.

"v1" as in version 1.0 of the editor has not been released yet; current available version is beta 0.6.

Kind regards,

Amos

secmast

Re: Minitaur editor version 1

Post by secmast » Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks Amos.
I'm a bit pi.. ..f but Sh.. happens.
I'm sure future version will improve all of this.