Freqbox Envelope Follower

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Moogtard

Freqbox Envelope Follower

Post by Moogtard » Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 am

Is it possible to control the volume of the osc. by the amplitude of the input signal without applying the same change to the frequency of the osc?

EricK

Re: Freqbox Envelope Follower

Post by EricK » Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 pm

You could take an envelope out to the mix amount, but you are still going to have your input signal there. This would have the volume of the osc rise and fall with the amplitude of your input signal.

Turn down the FM so theres no change in frequency.

Hope this helps, or if not, please explain your patch and the instruments involved and your goal.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi -
The envelope follower is already used to modulate the amplitude of the FB VCO regardless of the Env. Follower amount to VCO pitch. It modulates the gain of a VCA placed before the Mix control. There's no adjustment for the Env. Follower amount to VCA.
If you use the normal audio out - the level of the input signal sets the output level of the VCO.
If you're using the Osc. Out then this output is tapped pre-VCA inside the unit and you need an external VCA.

Hope that helps clarify,
SD

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks guys! Does anyone know about using the the cv out on the freqbox to control my little phatty? I tried to connect the osc out into the pitch in on the phatty but it did not control the pitch of the lp osc. Thanks for any suggestions.

marty

Post by marty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 pm

The FB Osc Out is an audio signal. You can use audio as CV if you like but it won't work the way you're hoping. I forget the range of that oscillator but if you adjust its frequency down low enough it'll act as an LFO; try it on your Phatty's Pitch In to see what I mean.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Moogtard wrote:Thanks guys! Does anyone know about using the the cv out on the freqbox to control my little phatty? I tried to connect the osc out into the pitch in on the phatty but it did not control the pitch of the lp osc. Thanks for any suggestions.
Just use the 107's ENV OUT sending it into the LP's Pitch IN.

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:17 pm

I am using the freqbox with my trombone. Yes that's right, trombone. The fb itself is working great so far, clean, accurate, fast tracking. I was hoping I could use the fb as a connector to allow me to control my LP with my trombone. So of course putting an audio signal (fb osc out) into a CV input 9LP pitch in) doesn't yield the desired results. Is there a way to modify the fb by installing a osclator pitch out CV jack? I think at some point in the guts of the fb there is a place where a CV is being sent to the osc. in the fb, so wouldn't be possible to modify the box at that point?

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Moogtard wrote:I am using the freqbox with my trombone. Yes that's right, trombone. The fb itself is working great so far, clean, accurate, fast tracking. I was hoping I could use the fb as a connector to allow me to control my LP with my trombone. So of course putting an audio signal (fb osc out) into a CV input 9LP pitch in) doesn't yield the desired results. Is there a way to modify the fb by installing a osclator pitch out CV jack? I think at some point in the guts of the fb there is a place where a CV is being sent to the osc. in the fb, so wouldn't be possible to modify the box at that point?
The CV for the pitch of the fb's oscillator is not deternined by the pitch of the input signal, it is set by the pot, the envelope, and the cv jack. When the sync is on it just resets the osc to the inpt signal, The sonnus g2m may work on the trombone, but from my experiience with that product, it introduces a considerable amount of latency, which I dealed with by patching the envelope out from my fb to the gate in and turning on a bit of glide.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

marty wrote:The FB Osc Out is an audio signal. You can use audio as CV if you like but it won't work the way you're hoping. I forget the range of that oscillator but if you adjust its frequency down low enough it'll act as an LFO; try it on your Phatty's Pitch In to see what I mean.
With a negaitve CV at the freq input it works as a very nice lfo.

http://soundcloud.com/questionmark_and_ ... n-lfo-test
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff