A "Loud Note" - Single Key Velocity Issue?

Everything Phatty.
horntooter

A "Loud Note" - Single Key Velocity Issue?

Post by horntooter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:37 am

Hi,

I seem to be have a (possible) velocity issue with a single key on my LP. (It's the bottom E for reference / if that matters.)

It only happens on certain settings, but when I run up and down scales / lines the key in question seems to be louder than the rest... Again depending on the setting, it also has more attack than any other key on the instrument.

This is happening when I'm playing all the notes at the same rate / pressure - it also happens when said note is part of an arpeggiated patten.

I'm pretty new to this - so I just wondered if it was something I'd done (set the velocity rate high on a single note?) or if it was a fault with the board... If its the latter, I've only had the LP for six months so warranty etc would cover such a fault, right?

Many thanks - I'd appreciate any help with this.

jeepo

Re: A "Loud Note" - Single Key Velocity Issue?

Post by jeepo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 am

It could be hitting the resonant frequency of your room.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

horntooter

Post by horntooter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks for your help.

I've just tried that... I adjusted octaves on the keyboard and tried the same pitch, just on another note. It's definatley a fault with the key.

Whichever octive is assigned to this note, it's the same.

If I play the note really, REALLY gently it hits the same as the rest. But for the most part it's always playing like I'm really giving it some, as it were.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:57 pm

To check if it is a resonance, pitchbend after hitting the bad key.

Maybe velocity is not being sensed correctly. Try different velocity settings (velocity->amp at zero, velocity to filter->+7) to hear if the bad key is always sending max velocity when it is just routed to the filter.

weemac

Post by weemac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Try it with headphones... That will confirm if it is a room resonance issue or not...

emac.