Thoughts on the official Minitaur Editor

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Voltor07

Re: Thoughts on the official Minitaur Editor

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

muksys wrote:
Yep. Fancy lighting controls. Fly all over plugging my computer in and telling the panels when to do things with lights.

woops!
LOL@link! :lol: Hope you can finish said exciting work and be back home soon!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am

muksys wrote:woulda packed it, but I was only supposed to be here for a day. Damned electricians thinking it's ok to run a a bunch of 12AWG wires across a circuit board that are pushing against it hard enough to snap off solder joints. Stuck waiting on replacements. The woes.
Customer should have gone with Siemans or GE. Never have any problems with those controllers. :lol:

You could always suggest they leave the covers off to allow room for the conductors! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

muksys wrote:
xombiexplox wrote:I am having problems renaming presets I've created! As soon as I hit the backspace button, it shuts down unexpectedly :(

Still pretty good for beta though, I'm just glad I have a way to save presets without a camera or a notebook :D
Welcome to the Minitaur family!

Are you running windows or mac? I haven't had an issue with naming presets on a win7 machine.

...and, I watched the Sonic State review of the MT and saw an extremely more kickass version of the editor for mac's. Guess they are focusing more on that than windows :(
I'm on a Mac! Still having the same issue, but I'm sure it'll be resolved in no time. I'm in no hurry :D
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

muksys

Post by muksys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 am

c7sus wrote:
muksys wrote:woulda packed it, but I was only supposed to be here for a day. Damned electricians thinking it's ok to run a a bunch of 12AWG wires across a circuit board that are pushing against it hard enough to snap off solder joints. Stuck waiting on replacements. The woes.
Customer should have gone with Siemans or GE. Never have any problems with those controllers. :lol:

You could always suggest they leave the covers off to allow room for the conductors! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siemens & GE for BACNet, which we can talk to them natively. Leviton relay panels are tops, bar none! :mrgreen:

Yeah, something tells me it's a code violation to leave Termination Blocks with 277VAC landed exposed to pokey customers :lol:

BTW, the problem was the power supplies were wired wrong from the factory, go figure. Now I am home playing with my MT & LP (among others :) )

woops!! pt.2

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 am

HAAY... that sign says NO PARKING! Couldn't the train conductor read??

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 pm

ROFL@Amos! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Amos wrote:
muksys wrote:, I watched the Sonic State review of the MT and saw an extremely more kickass version of the editor for mac's. Guess they are focusing more on that than windows :(
Not at all! Both versions should be equally kickass when finished. It's just that the Mac beta is further along than the Windows version. I actually got a new Windows build last night, which I need to test. I'm told it still crashes on Capture though, which we'll need to fix...

have patience, kickass finished editors are coming for all :)
I would greatly appriciate linux compatibility as I think it is a fantastic audio platform, as distributions like AV linux tune the operating system itself to obatin minumum latency by placing a higher priority on audio processes. An entirely new editor will not be needed as a linux program called wine (also available for osx) runs windows programs, but not all of them. One program that does not run in wine is the midi murf editor, I hope the minitaur editor will be more friendly with it.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

muksys

Post by muksys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Amos wrote:
muksys wrote:, I watched the Sonic State review of the MT and saw an extremely more kickass version of the editor for mac's. Guess they are focusing more on that than windows :(
Not at all! Both versions should be equally kickass when finished. It's just that the Mac beta is further along than the Windows version. I actually got a new Windows build last night, which I need to test. I'm told it still crashes on Capture though, which we'll need to fix...

have patience, kickass finished editors are coming for all :)
Apparently I missed this reply, Amos. Good to hear! I love the look of the version on the SS Review. Exactly what I had pictured. Curious, were ya'll able to get the "floating" windows to work in Windows like in the Mac Version?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Safe to say, and likely not a far off guess, that the guys writing the Mac version of the editor already had all of the fancy knobs and panel textures from the iPad and iPhone apps. I'm unsure of what tool they are working with but it may or may not be platform compatible from an interface perspective which means double work.

It is gorgeous on the Mac though.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

rjd2

Post by rjd2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 am

hey folks, i'm not having any luck with the minitaur editor working. im on a macbook pro, USB to mini, when i turn a knob in the editor, the midi out LED flashes, but no output of data. no change of parameter on the unit. i've tried both a USB-MIDI cable using the midi in, and that doesnt work either. what am i doing wrong? thanks, rj

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am

Did you choose the device (the Minitaur attached to the appropriate port).

The setting is 'under the hood'. May seem somewhat obvious and suggesting this is a bit like asking 'is it plugged in?' but it stumped me at first.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

rjd2

Post by rjd2 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:42 pm

aha, got it. nice!!!! editor is kick ass. an ipad version would melt my face for sure.

muksys

Post by muksys » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:50 pm

rjd2 wrote:aha, got it. nice!!!! editor is kick ass. an ipad version would melt my face for sure.
If you have the miditouch app, I made a controller for it (and just re-upped it with a couple of small tweaks): http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... 443#p94443

The only drawback is there is no way to store patches within miditouch, so you would still have to rely on the moog editor for storing presets. But, in my setup it works nice to have the editor right there to access the hidden midi settings and only occasionally going to the computer to save a new preset.

David Bulog

Post by David Bulog » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 pm

I said this idea to Perry Moog Tech Support
may I suggest one more window a step sequencer window with a virtual keyboard to enter notes that is syncable to midi clock or can be used as a plugin with your DAW
I would be inclined to make it like a TB -303 style step sequencer or even like the old Moog modular step sequencer--the output should be able to be saved as a midi file so you can import into main DAW for further advanced processing if need be
Then i would use the application to discover baselines that i normally would not have created just like I do with my hardware sequencers

PortableFishy

Post by PortableFishy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 am

Does anyone know how I can get the Minitaur Editor? I registered my Minitaur already but couldn't find a link to download it.