Big Briar vs. Moog Moogerfoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
77jordan

Big Briar vs. Moog Moogerfoogers

Post by 77jordan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Maybe I'm opening a can of worms but does anyone have experience with both the Big Briar and Moog Moogerfoogers?

I've read on the Internet that the Bigb Briars are better built especially in the knob area (specifically the cp-251) and that the BB has more high end on the phaser.

Can anyone validate these claims or have any other quality difference comments?

Thanks

Just Me

Re: Big Briar vs. Moog Moogerfoogers

Post by Just Me » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 pm

The later cp-251's are better for me. They have attenuverters. The red nut units do not.
I find no difference between them other than the color of the stain on the cheek blocks and the logos. The phasers sound the same to me. (I have one of each.)
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

aen

Post by aen » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Here's a little story about gear people.

Company A makes widgets. They make a lot of widgets. They have a lot of Widgets that say Company A.
Then, imagine company A changes their name to Company B. They rebrand the widgets in the warehouse with a COmpany B logo.

There will be a contingent of gear heads who will swear up and down that the old widgets are way better.

YOU KNOW ITS TRUEEEEEE!!!
:lol:

77jordan

Post by 77jordan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Do you mean attenuators? It looks like from the pictures that the red nut versions did have attenuators.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 am

77jordan wrote:Do you mean attenuators? It looks like from the pictures that the red nut versions did have attenuators.
They have attenuators but they don't invert the voltage. The newer ones can also be used to invert as well as attenuate,
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff