Little Phatty CV out modification to the pitch CV out ?

Everything Phatty.
dualaud

Little Phatty CV out modification to the pitch CV out ?

Post by dualaud » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey there,

is it possible to modify the CV out modification so that the pitch wheel would influence the pitch CV out?
Right now the pitch CV out 'only' follows the keyboard pitch. The pitch wheel doesn't change the pitch CV out.
I'm ready to do this myself, or send it to Rudi in Germany respectively.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
dual

Benjamin AM

Re: Little Phatty CV out modification to the pitch CV out ?

Post by Benjamin AM » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 am

Hello,
I looked into this for a while. I currently use the Phatty to control my modular system. Along the way I found that the Little Phatty has a few hang ups as a controller. First, if you plan to control more than one module with this synth, I'd highly suggest building/buying an active buffer to maintain a precise voltage output for the pitch CV. Second, the pitchbend does not effect the pitch output CV. Now, if one wanted to modify their Phatty to include pitchbend one could use an existing node in which the keyboard CV, pitch bend, and master tune are summed. Unfortunately, I do not find this this useful because ( in my opinion) the master tune should only effect the native circuits. To do this correctly, you would have to build a summing amp which combines the pitchbend CV(which if I remember correctly can be isolated) and the pitch cv. Sorry if that is bad news. And last, the mod wheel effects the amplitude of the Mod CV. I modified this so one gets an unattenuated signal. I tend to use it as clock signal.
Hope this helps.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron