Mike Bucki gone?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Mitchell Chastain

Re: Mike Bucki gone?

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am

For all of us searching for Mike and waiting on some sort of new contact information, let's try to keep this thread alive. Hopefully someone will eventually see this that knows his whereabouts.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I am ignorant to such things, but if there is a statute of limitations it must be fast approaching.

Did anyone call the local or state police that serves the area the money and/or gear was sent in order to file an official complaint? Once that is done, how about insurance?

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm

There is a statue of limitations. In New York, it is only six years after the discovery of the fraud.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:25 pm

If six years is when the SoL runs out, there's still three years left before everyone is SOL on getting their gear and/or money back. I hope everyone can pool together for a class action lawsuit before three years is up.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:40 am

Has anyone tried a pen and paper letter, yet?

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 am

I'm not at all involved with this issue but I can't believe that if this guy is holding some many valuable instruments not a single one of you has gone and knocked on his door. I mean if the suggestion is to write to him, then you must have an address. I don't get it !?!
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Has anyone tried small claims court yet?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

LaxSlash1993

Post by LaxSlash1993 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 am

fyvewytches wrote:I'm not at all involved with this issue but I can't believe that if this guy is holding some many valuable instruments not a single one of you has gone and knocked on his door. I mean if the suggestion is to write to him, then you must have an address. I don't get it !?!
Agreed. If these people really wanted their gear back, you'd think that they would have actually tried something other than the same thing over and over again, which everyone knows doesn't work, and other than posting on an online message board, which rarely, if ever, solves problems.

No offense intended.

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 am

The main reason I repost is for the hope that someone will respond with new contact information. I'm not spending any more money to try and get my Taurus pedals back. I've already sent Mike one big check. Any legal action I take at this point would cost me too much, especially being 900 miles away. Just hoping for the chance now to speak with Mike again. Also, I figure keeping this alive will help to warn other potential future customers.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:41 am

I recently had an issue with an instrument maker in Tennessee (about 8 hours from me) where the bass arrived broken. He agreed to build me a new bass and when the bass was returned to him, he changed his story and tried to get me to accept a repair instead of a brand new bass. Smelling a rat I requested a refund. At that point, he became devensive, hostile and accusatory towards me, threatened me that I better not post anything on Talkbass about it saying that if I wanted this to get "ugly" the shipper (who he claimed would be an expert) would argue that I didn't tighten a wingnut properly and that it fell breaking the headstock. Since that incident wouldn't have been covered under warranty then he wouldn't be obligated to refund me ANYTHING. His solution was to wait until he sold the bass (he only sold 6-7 of that model in 15 years) before I would be due my refund.

I contacted an attorney and the attorney told me that there really wasn't anything that I could do. I could spend 2000 to get 900 back. Or I could go to Tennessee, represent myself in small claims court and MAYBE get a judgement, but then Id likely still have to pay someone to get an enforcement of the judgement.

This is how it works when you deal with people who are a "one man" operation. You either implicitly trust them and pray that their reputation is legitimate, or you settle for something less than what you are looking for.

As the statue of limitations is running out for people, this is a very sad thread indeed. Unless people are willing to go the legal route, then you can keep talking to Mike until you are blue in the face but you aren't likely going to get your stuff back.

You can try calling the New York Attorney General's office.

And then theres the other untold side of this story. According to his friend and partner, August Worley, there are stacks of unpaid invoices and boxes of stuff that needs to be shipped out that if the customer would only remit then they would get their stuff back.

I realize the preceding sentence sounded accusatory on my part but this is what I have been told when I last spoke to August about it.

I think with all of this being said I have nothing further to contribute to this thread. Im very sorry for your losses.

Eric

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 pm

EricK wrote:I think with all of this being said I have nothing further to contribute to this thread.
Considering what I wrote above, I think that it is worthy to note that on the muff wiggler forum, in the modular synth general discussion sub forum, there is a thread titled "It's time to discuss Cynthia" and in that thread they are VERY public about the allegations against her and the ongoing Cyndustries fraud.. At least one of the members there has an October court date with her, and as far as the thread is evolving, that public pressure against her plus the pending proceedings are forcing her to sell some of her high dollar gear to begn issuing refunds to the long list of customers (or at least the ones who have served her with a notice to appear).

Reading that thread, I can't help but revive this to make a plea to the involved parties here to proceed with small claims.