Keyboard with individual modulation for each key?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Keyboard with individual modulation for each key?

Post by Satri » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi - I'm so in love the Animoog app that I'd like to fully use it with an external keyboard. What I'm looking for is pretty simple: a keyboard /synth for which we could slide our fingers on it in order to change the modulation of each note individually. For each note individually, the modulation changes whether our finger is closer to us or farther. We can do this in the Animoog app, but is there a 'physical keyboard' that would allow me to do the same? After some searches on the Internet, I haven't found such a beast. It should exists already no? :-)

Thanks for any feedback! - Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Omaroo

Re: Keyboard with individual modulation for each key?

Post by Omaroo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 am

Hi Alex, and welcome to the forum.

I've posted here already about such a keyboard - the Endeavour EVO. Pretty expensive though:

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=12584

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Omaroo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am

Satri wrote:Hi - I'm so in love the Animoog app that I'd like to fully use it with an external keyboard.- Alex
Hi Alex,

The Infinite Response VAX77 has Polyphonic Aftertouch:

http://www.infiniteresponse.com/

And it folds in half!
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Satri

Post by Satri » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks for the replies.

The Endeavour EVO is exactly what I'm looking for. http://endeavour.de/evo.html But at 4000$ and music being a hobby, I won't buy it tomorrow. Hopefully, I expect there will be more competition in the coming years and prices will go down. This is very exciting. The potential for musical expression is immense, especially when combined to the great sounds of Animoog.

Cheers - Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

unfiltered37

Post by unfiltered37 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:30 pm

There's the Haaken continuum, (the stand is cooler than then the keyboard). Absurdly expensive. And the buchla thing. But if you're coughing up that much dough, I'd get a real analog synth. Control is cool, but I have always preferred the meat and potatoes approach, one very good sound palette (for me model D and clavinet) augmented by great processors (MF's, amps, tape, room). As Dr. Moog said, "Simplicity elevates".

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm

If anyone ends up reading this old thread on 'keyboards with individual modulation', I just posted a status report on the topic:
http://animoog.org/2015/06/03/alternati ... r-animoog/

Enjoy -- Alex / Satri