Dropped and stuck notes even with new firmware

Everything Phatty.
vertibration

Re: Dropped and stuck notes even with new firmware

Post by vertibration » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Im right here with you buddy. I also Just bought mine on Febuary 8th. I know that Amos is working on a new firmware for us, and apparently it will be released very soon. Ableton is hell to work with regarding the Slim Phatty, but Logic seems to work to a degree. I believe they will fix this problem.

vertibration

Post by vertibration » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Ugh....Its been a few days....Any update on the way yet?

Rosser

Post by Rosser » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi All-
We understand the frustration with the current status of this firmware, and we deeply regret that the Slim is not meeting your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for this incident. The fact is, we are a small company with essentially a one-man firmware team. He feels pressure from a lot of different directions, and I assure you that this has not been forgotten. It is an unfortunate coincidence that this came at a time where we are pushing new products which require firmware out the door. We are dedicated to fixing the issue and we will not let it get abandoned, but we ask for your continued patience as we sort through this in the most productive manner. When the issue is solved we will let everyone know.
Thanks for your time,
Rosser

hackbar

Post by hackbar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Rosser wrote:Hi All-
We understand the frustration with the current status of this firmware, and we deeply regret that the Slim is not meeting your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for this incident. The fact is, we are a small company with essentially a one-man firmware team. He feels pressure from a lot of different directions, and I assure you that this has not been forgotten. It is an unfortunate coincidence that this came at a time where we are pushing new products which require firmware out the door. We are dedicated to fixing the issue and we will not let it get abandoned, but we ask for your continued patience as we sort through this in the most productive manner. When the issue is solved we will let everyone know.
Thanks for your time,
Rosser
This is pretty bare-minimum customer support.

You shipped a broken product. Period. Assuring us it "has not been forgotten" and you will let us know when it's fixed is obvious. Of course you will. I don't need reassurances you will do the bare minimum.

From reading these forums, I see you have an incredible amount of loyalty from your customers. Don't waste this. Respect your customers.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:25 pm

hackbar: I am the person who is responsible for fixing this bug. I am Moog's only firmware developer. I posted the update last week or so and as we all now know, there's a problem installing it on the Slim Phatty.

This week, unfortunately, all I've been able to work on is trying to get the Minitaur firmware ready for release; first units are shipping next week and it's all hands on deck. Not only have I "not fogotten" about the Phatty USB firmware situation, in fact it pains me greatly that the update didn't just work already and that there are people waiting impatiently for a fix. Believe me!

All I do right now is write code and occasionally sleep. I am a hollow-eyed shadow of my usual self. As soon as it is *humanly possible* to address this issue, I will do it. It will probably be on a night or a weekend as I work all of those too.

None of this may add up to the level of hassle-free customer service you are looking for, and I apologize. But truly, I intend no disrespect.

Thank you.

Amos

vertibration

Post by vertibration » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:37 am

Amos,

I understand your situation. Best to take time making the Minitaur firmware sharp. When your done, and you can have a fresh mind, Im sure you will see with issues with the Slim Phatty and fix it. No rush, rushing will never fix anything. We have 2 choices. Wait for the update, or return the slim phatty. I want to wait for the update. I know the slim sounds amazing. To me, I realized that there isnt another synth out there that can produce this kind of bass. We are facing a severe issue, and those of us that made an investment, are now faced with a predicament. I stand by moog, and I do believe that this issue will be resolved. I just hope others can have patience, because I believe it is worth the wait.

screenliar

Post by screenliar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 am

Not trying to go off topic here but I was going to buy one of these but everything I am hearing scares the crap out of me. And will the minitaur have stuck notes and other horrible things as well.
seems this problem should take priority over trying to get the minitaur out.
I thought Moog was supposed to be fabulous.
This doesn't sound like Robert Moog's company of yesteryear.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

screenliar wrote:Not trying to go off topic here but I was going to buy one of these but everything I am hearing scares the crap out of me. And will the minitaur have stuck notes and other horrible things as well.
seems this problem should take priority over trying to get the minitaur out.
I thought Moog was supposed to be fabulous.
This doesn't sound like Robert Moog's company of yesteryear.
1.) Moog needs to make money. They need to put out products that are unique in order to stay ahead in the game, lest they fall behind, a la ARP. So yeah, the Minitaur DOES take precedence, though it too will probably have bugs when it's released.

2.) The Slim Phatty is already selling like hotcakes, and bug fixes are on the way. Bob's Company of Yesteryear is no more. It is now Mike Adam's Company of Today, and there's nothing you can do to bring Bob back, unless you are a necromancer. In other words, just deal. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

screenliar

Post by screenliar » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:48 am

Didn't intend to offend, just curious.
Been working with synth's since 1972, just
not much with the Moog line of instruments.
Oh, I take that back, in 76 I did have the
pleasure of working with the Sonic Six in
college, more of a learning tool really.
Almost bought the System 55 in the black case, still have
the sales pamphlet.
I will still purchase one of the Phatty's no
no matter what I hear about them.
The Moog sound is wonderful!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 pm

screenliar wrote:Didn't intend to offend, just curious.
Been working with synth's since 1972, just
not much with the Moog line of instruments.
Oh, I take that back, in 76 I did have the
pleasure of working with the Sonic Six in
college, more of a learning tool really.
Almost bought the System 55 in the black case, still have
the sales pamphlet.
I will still purchase one of the Phatty's no
no matter what I hear about them.
The Moog sound is wonderful!
I say, get an LP until the bugs in the SP are worked out. I know I will be getting an SP when the bugs are worked out. Maybe even two of them. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I say, get an LP until the bugs in the SP are worked out. I know I will be getting an SP when the bugs are worked out. Maybe even two of them. :wink:
As far as I'm aware, there are only bugs with some keyboard controllers (mainly Korg?). Seeing as you have a LP, you can control the SP fine (in-fact the best way - with polyphony/shared controls etc.) as I am currently.

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:44 pm

David Smyth wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:I say, get an LP until the bugs in the SP are worked out. I know I will be getting an SP when the bugs are worked out. Maybe even two of them. :wink:
As far as I'm aware, there are only bugs with some keyboard controllers (mainly Korg?). Seeing as you have a LP, you can control the SP fine (in-fact the best way - with polyphony/shared controls etc.) as I am currently.

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Modular first, polyPhatty later. Thanks for the input, though! :D

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Modular first, polyPhatty later. Thanks for the input, though! :D
Nice! I'm looking at modular stuff now - so I doing the same in the reverse order! 8)
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 pm

David Smyth wrote: Nice! I'm looking at modular stuff now - so I doing the same in the reverse order! 8)
PM sent. We've hijacked this thread enough with banter. :lol:

vertibration

Post by vertibration » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Besides the problems using the SP in Ableton, I noticed prolonged use in Logic, causes the rest of the midi/audio tracks to stop putting out sound. Its a no win situation it seems. Can anyone else confirm this logic issue?

Man I hope we get that update soon.