I've emailed Moog and posted on their FB twice...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
mhuxtable

I've emailed Moog and posted on their FB twice...

Post by mhuxtable » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:43 pm

And have gotten no response. I still haven't gotten my T Shirt/goody bag from the honorable mention on the Animoog contest from December.

I dont mean to be rude....but what gives?

Has anyone else gotten their stuff?

Voltor07

Re: I've emailed Moog and posted on their FB twice...

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:47 am

I've gotten a T-shirt for pre-purchasing the Taurus III, a pocket protector for being in the patches contest on KnobTweak, and several Moog bumper stickers for registering my products online. Not sure what's going on with your stuff. Dunno what to tell you...hope you get your stuff soon!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

dan thacker

Post by dan thacker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow ,do you have some compromising pictures of Mike Adams? I thought the stickers were just a myth.

muksys

Post by muksys » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:11 pm

haha, seriously. I remember back in the day (5 or more years ago) I ordered the Moog catalog and it came with a sticker. Since then I have purchased an SP and an LP but have not received a sticker. I eventually did get 2 stickers from an unmentioned outside source though. :wink: I really could care less about it, but, if you advertise something and don't follow through, it kinda takes that personal aspect out of Moog that Bob seemed very proud. I imagine, one day, many years from now, I will receive a letter with a couple stickers in it. But, if the guy that sends out stickers is also the R&D guy and is locked in a bunker creating the worlds greatest true analog polysynth, all is forgiven :D :D

Chris Rowand

Post by Chris Rowand » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I am also waiting patiently for my stickers for 3 products I have registered with Moog. Perhaps I'll get them all in one batch.. one day?

mhuxtable

Post by mhuxtable » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Dunno about stickers, but moog got with me yesterday about the prize pack. Better late than never!

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 pm

muksys wrote:I really could care less about it
I don't care about stickers, but what I do care about is this phrase appearing more and more in the English language (US-only use it seems so far, thank goodness). The phrase makes no sense. Sorry to be a grammar-nazi, but for some reason this is beginning to mildly irritate me - maybe because the internet allows it to potentially spread worldwide.

The correct phrase is, of course, "I couldn't care less". Thank you for your time.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

muksys

Post by muksys » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 pm

well, alrighty then. I'm finna to ain't phrase it thata way next time.
Last edited by muksys on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Okey dokey :mrgreen:
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

muksys

Post by muksys » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:US-only use it seems so far, thank goodness
By the way, this sentence does not make sense. "The U.S. is the only country that seems to phrase it this way, thank goodness" would be a more proper sentence. :twisted:

filtered

Post by filtered » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 pm

haha!
but back on topic, may I also report a no sticker post registration instance!

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 am

I asked about 'the sticker issue' in the contact form on the Moog website a few times with no joy until I finally received an answer from STACEY V COLEMAN (Office Manager Moog Music Inc) who told me (& I quote) "We send out registration stickers in large batches a few times a year. If yours haven't been sent yet, I'll be sure that they go out with the next group."

I have been enjoying the discussion regarding language, grammer and the proper or improper use thereof! It has given me a real chuckle. Language is not static, it is a living, evolving phenomenon; a symbol set that gives our brains a handle on interactions with our external world and all that is in that world. Different cultures and even sub-sets within cultures transform language in unique ways that can often only be understood by those using such transformations (until such transformations enter the 'common' vernacular). 'Proper' use of language is a nebulous concept that implies a static set of rules, which in the real world just isn't going to happen outside of a classroom, and sometimes not even in said hypothetical classroom.
Being born and living in Australia, I am constantly surprised (& occasionally cringe) at the way we seem to be able to mangle 'proper' English (I'm supposing most of you have heard an Aussie speak, not everybody sounds like "Crocodile Dundee" here, but enough!) However, with the cringe factor comes in equal measures delight at the new and inventive ways we can use language. One of my favourite phrases that utilises English in an unconventional way is (& I think it originated in the U.S.A.) "go figure!" - I don't know why it delights me so, but it does and it just seems so apt for many circumstances I find in modern life! OK, I think I've wandered significantly off track from the original topic of this post for one day, my apologies. I have been on night shift and that tends to make me overly verbose!

:D
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa