Octaves / Harmonies with MF-107 FreqBox?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
3v3+Z

Octaves / Harmonies with MF-107 FreqBox?

Post by 3v3+Z » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 pm

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. Can the FreqBox be used for things like octave-up effects and unintelligent-harmonizing (like parallel fifths, for example)? I feel like that should work, but I haven't really seen or heard anyone using it that way. Any "feedback" or links to demos I may have missed would be greatly appreciated.

latigid on

Re: Octaves / Harmonies with MF-107 FreqBox?

Post by latigid on » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 am

That's okay, the FB doesn't track it syncs. So accurate pitch shifting isn't possible as no pitch-to-voltage conversion occurs. It's more of a sonic mangling device :)

3v3+Z

Post by 3v3+Z » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 am

Oops! That makes sense now. Thanks.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 am

You can control the pitch of the frequency with CV or midi-to-CV like a second voice though..
I use it as a second voice for my phatty. Just send the midi output from the phatty to a midi-to-CV device, and the FB follows all notes at any interval..
You just need to track the output from the main instrument and convert it to midi/CV..

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm

latigid on wrote:That's okay, the FB doesn't track it syncs. So accurate pitch shifting isn't possible as no pitch-to-voltage conversion occurs. It's more of a sonic mangling device :)
It really is a split-personality sort of a unit. Drive it via audio in, and it is indeed a sonic mangler. Drive it with CV ins (and OSC out) and it's a handy extra oscillator, altho it ain't exactly 1V/oct :)