Anyone use their MP201 with Strymon pedals?

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
n factorial times k

Anyone use their MP201 with Strymon pedals?

Post by n factorial times k » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Maybe I missed something when I was shopping for the El Capistan, but does the MP201 not work with it? Man, would that be a bummer if true.

nrvana8775

Re: Anyone use their MP201 with Strymon pedals?

Post by nrvana8775 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Did you try it? It should work.

n factorial times k

Post by n factorial times k » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm

I've spent some time with it, but haven't had a lot of luck. I can get the MP201 to control a parameter on the El Capistan echo pedal, like the delay time, but it doesn't have the same effect as turning the delay time knob. There aren't any pitch bends associated with changing the delay time when I use the MP201. It kind of 'blinks' with this audible click and the repeats disappear. I've tried narrowing the voltage range that the MP201 sends, which removes some of that audible click noise, but it doesn't change the delay time as you should expect (seamless, with repeats being pitch bent, as if turning the knob). I'm trying to hunt down a passive expression pedal to try it out with, but so far I have nothing working right.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 am

Very nice pedal, I like it.

Since I don't have one, I may not be the one to recommend you anything, but I thought I could learn something by reading the EL Capistan's user manual. Pretty straightforward on using a passive expression pedal, but the MP-201 is not a passive device, it has it's own internal power.

Are you using a standard TS patch cable? If so, I would suggest you try a custom made TRS patch cable, with nothing attached to the ring.

Hope this helps.