V 2.1

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
yesman

V 2.1

Post by yesman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:23 am

Hello All,
I've recently bought an MP-201 (using it with a Voyager EB, and on the floor). I updated to V 2.1 last night as the LFO initial state had issues (not always returning to the set value and the FS would turn off the channel upon an FS3 switch depress but the on function was happening upon the next switch release). This appears to be sorted, very nice. What I am seeing now is that when I am in Edit Mode and using FS3 to cycle thru the channels all is well going from 1 thru 4, depressing FS3 to loop back to 1 from 4 causes the unit to drop out of Edit Mode - without saving, show the rev. screen and reset. I will try to do a reinstall tonight, was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. Also how about quantized outs, staircase env's are nice.
Thanks

yesman

Re: V 2.1

Post by yesman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 pm

OK, all is well
I was about to do a reinstall of the update to fix the above problem. In checking things I found that some preset locations responded correctly (90's series) and others not (10's) (these are just the ranges I happened to look at). I had not reloaded any presets, being as I just had the unit. So, I loaded up the factory presets did a restore and it seems good.

I have noticed that the channel on /off switching is different depending on the channel mode.
This refers to SGL mode only as I have not done any Quad stuff yet
-In gate mode on/off is occuring on the FS depression
-In exp mode on/off is occuring on the FS depression
-In lfo mode on occurs on the FS depression and off on the release

I don't think there is a general channel mode relationship to the FS mode parameter setting when in gate mode, or is there?

any corrections,clarifications, additions would be appreciated

Thanks