MuRF step adaptor

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Alien8

MuRF step adaptor

Post by Alien8 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi All,

I'm thinking of investing in a MuRF step adapter, however being the creative hobbyist I am, I was wondering if anyone knew the wiring diagram for this device, as I would like to make a switch that allows on the fly switching between standard tap tempo mode and step triggering mode.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:19 pm

I like your thinking! Very cool idea! If I had a MuRF, I'd take it apart myself and check it out. Anyone have any ideas on switch adding for the MuRF? Amos? GregAE? Anyone? :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:59 pm

get a boss F-6 footswitch.

use a TRS patch cable... or a stereo splitting out to 2 monos

run one of each of the mono sides on each side of the switch...
run the stereo side to the Murf.

one button does step, the other does or tap tempo
Electronic Violinist here

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:09 am

I was searching around for a cost effective solution and found one - in the moog forum... a Y cable with a TRS male end (into Tap / Step) and two female TS ends. Plugging the standard moog foot switch into one of either females gives you tap tempo or step. Now I just need to make a simple on the fly switch that routes as required... :D

This opens up so many possibilities with other CV sources for syncing - especially envelope CV's from the 101 and 107...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 am

It could be fun to cut the cord off the footswitch and/or make a cable with an inline mode switch. Or make a small box with two 1/4" jacks (in and out) with a mode switch.

MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

xgsjx

Re: MuRF step adaptor

Post by xgsjx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:27 am

Looking at the diagram, if I made a TRS lead that used a 2 core cable & connected one end to a jack TS & the other jack TR, put the TS end into the env out on a MF-101 & the TR into the tap tempo/pattern step on the murf, would this make the murf run through the pattern as the note was played (probably starting fast & then slowing down)?
Ibanez SR1000e >
MF-105B >
MF-101 >
MarkBass CMD 102P >
Audience

xgsjx

Post by xgsjx » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 am

I've just answered my own Q.

I made the said cable up & tried it. The MF-101 needs to be before the murf for it to work & each note changes 1 step.
Good if you want to take advantage of the envelope on the resonance filters for either staccato or reverse sounding notes.

Gonna play some more later.
Ibanez SR1000e >
MF-105B >
MF-101 >
MarkBass CMD 102P >
Audience

xgsjx

Post by xgsjx » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:29 pm

A wee update for you. The cable from the LPF to the Bass Murf works well if you have a hot signal into the LPF & the Murf after it. It would be good to split my signal & have a signal into a booster (such as a cheapo distortion) & then into the Murf's step.

I also made a step adaptor using a mono jack socket & a stereo Jack & just connected sleeve to sleeve & tip to ring. Works fine & cost about £4 to make.
Ibanez SR1000e >
MF-105B >
MF-101 >
MarkBass CMD 102P >
Audience