Animoog

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Royal Color Network

Re: Animoog

Post by Royal Color Network » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 am

Hello all,

Enjoying Animoog a great deal - but basic question that I seem to be missing:

Is it possible to save your songs out in some way/shape/form?

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 am

Once your loop/song is complete, hit "copy" under the buffer section. It copies the current loop to the clipboard, and you can move it on to your computer from itunes.You can also paste audio from other apps.

Royal Color Network

Post by Royal Color Network » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for answering - can you explain in a bit more detail - once I have the clip on my iPad's clipboard - what are the steps needed to move that information from the iPad back to my main computer? I was unaware that you could do this, and a quick google search didn't turn much up.

Thanks again.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

You can save by holding the "save" tab by the presets.
It gives the the option to rename.

I have spent about 4 hours with this app.
The one dollar intro price is unreal. I may never buy another synthesizer app. The Moog app is really that good.
Moog made a point in this app.
It is the synthesizer app made by the company that did it all.
The presets are simply amazing.
I am constantly blown away.
The reviews on iTunes show the joy and excitement this app has.
The way the app itself looks on the ipad is pure eye candy.
The control is spot on.
Unbelievable app....... I have already spent enough time away from making music.....
Thanks Moog!
Please continue to develop apps.
Very happy customer.
Last edited by analoghaze on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 pm

....ditto what analoghaze said!! Incredible app! Thanks Moog (now please answer my emails & you will have a %100 happy customer) :D
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

reset

Post by reset » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am

Now it would be absolutely fantastic if Moog let us import our own timbres into the app. Thoughts?
Beta Phatty #282

cliffman

Post by cliffman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:49 am

It would be even more fantastic if the nifty multi-touch keyboard sent MIDI out, instead of MIDI in only :(

autoy

Post by autoy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

cliffman wrote:It would be even more fantastic if the nifty multi-touch keyboard sent MIDI out, instead of MIDI in only :(
Yep, I think the lack of MIDI out might be a bug.

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 pm

reset wrote:Now it would be absolutely fantastic if Moog let us import our own timbres into the app. Thoughts?
I think there's more to timbres than meets the eye, considering how they vary across the X axis. Either they are synth settings in their own right, or the combination of samples and filter settings. Or maybe another possibility that hasn't occurred to me. Would be nice if Moog revealed more.

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:57 pm

reset wrote:Now it would be absolutely fantastic if Moog let us import our own timbres into the app. Thoughts?
I think an update with a few theremin timbres would be fun, because turning the COR and Glide down all the way sure is. 8)

There's A LOT of waves under this thing already though...

scdreger

Post by scdreger » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:07 am

I tried what they did in that demo. My SP in low note priority plus Animoog on my iPad/Alesis IO. It was pretty awesome sounding! Even better than using a LP if you have a controller with aftertouch. It was fun to remap the poly aftertouch in their patches to channel aftertouch for use with my controller. Pretty darn amazing app for full price, let alone $1.
Slim Phatty | Animoog | Doepfer Dark Energy | Novation Ultranova | Plenty of software

xsubs

MIDI interface and audio out

Post by xsubs » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 am

What are the best choices for inputting MIDI, while getting audio out via the iPad 2 dock connector? I've seen the Alesis dock, but it's rather costly.
Amazing app... just need to control it from my keyboard, while recording in Logic.

THANKS MOOG!
Rickenbacker 60's & early 70's 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses ♦ Zon Sonus 8-string Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) & Reeves Amplification

RaqStar

Post by RaqStar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 am

Hi there- sorry to belabor the point but I seem to be missing something w the audio clipboard function. I get that once I record something the copy buffer places it in the clipboard. Do I need to buy an app like GarageBand to paste and save it or can I do this through the iTunes app on my iPad?
Thanks- any replies appreciated!

Popperur

Post by Popperur » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Does anyone know whether transpose for the virtual keyboard is available in Animoog?

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm