Animoog

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
mhuxtable

Animoog

Post by mhuxtable » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet....Moog releases the Animoog iPad app tonight at midnight! Who's buying? For the limited time price of $1, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

mhuxtable

Re: Animoog

Post by mhuxtable » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Just downloaded it and holy bleep....this is incredible.

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:19 am

Just got it...pretty sweet.
New album available!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chriscarver

scdreger

Post by scdreger » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:10 am

Wow. This is friggin awesome! Especially for $1.
Slim Phatty | Animoog | Doepfer Dark Energy | Novation Ultranova | Plenty of software

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 am

Wishlisted it...and will download it straight after work.

Great offer for just 1 buck... :D

rkharper

Post by rkharper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:14 am

downloaded it as the first task this morning (even before pissing, haha). had a couple minutes before going to work, so far so great! When I get home, I have to check if MIDI CORE is enabled. the Moog sound is definitley in there! :D

EDIT: was at home for lunch, MIDI works just fine! I don't know all the possibilities yet of Animoog, but CC's for MOD and PITCHWHELL seem not implemented. A little handbook sure would be nice, but I'll figure it out anyway.
Last edited by rkharper on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 am

Super happy!
I just downloaded this.
I will try it after work.
10 hour day today though. (plus an hour drive there and back)
Thanks Moog. :mrgreen:
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:39 am

I would be very happy if I could get some sound from it... I'm not sure if it is my iPad or what. Checked volume, mute switch, stopped all background apps, restarted, nada sounds from this app. Deleted, redownloaded, still nothing. I cannot work out what is wrong. :?

I've got the latest iOS installed on my iPad2 - is anyone else having problems or have a theory/solution as to what is going on with my particular Animoog/iPad combination? Very puzzling.
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

rkharper

Post by rkharper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 am

this might be a problem with iOS 5, and you just haven't realized yet, that your iPad has been muted since the update.
Check if your side switch is enabled for "display rotation lock", switch it back to "mute", go to your homescreen, unmute with the switch, go back to menu and switch it back to "display rotation lock", this should solve the problem, well it did with my musical apps yesterday.

good luck!

artpunk wrote:I would be very happy if I could get some sound from it... I'm not sure if it is my iPad or what. Checked volume, mute switch, stopped all background apps, restarted, nada sounds from this app. Deleted, redownloaded, still nothing. I cannot work out what is wrong. :?

I've got the latest iOS installed on my iPad2 - is anyone else having problems or have a theory/solution as to what is going on with my particular Animoog/iPad combination? Very puzzling.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 am

EDIT: was at home for lunch, MIDI works just fine! I don't know all the possibilities yet of Animoog, but CC's for MOD and PITCHWHELL seem not implemented. A little handbook sure would be nice, but I'll figure it out anyway.
Could you explain how you MIDI'd the app up..? I have yet to download it but will do when I get home.

Cheers ears!

Peace, love and flowers...
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

rkharper

Post by rkharper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 am

acatcalledanarchy wrote: Could you explain how you MIDI'd the app up..? I have yet to download it but will do when I get home.
I'm back at work again, but it's easy as a pie. I have the iPad Camera Kit as a MIDI Interface, connected with USB-Cable to my Waldorf Blofeld, in the MIDI Menu on ANIMOOG you choose your MIDI Source (Waldorf Blofeld in my case), and you're good to go. this works of course too, if you connect to your computer, the host of your choice, etc.
Last edited by rkharper on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omaroo

Post by Omaroo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 am

Un-bloody-believable! :D

Thanks so much for releasing this as the Moto-GP is on - and it's nearly midnight here in Sydney. I'm going to be bleary-eyed in the morning for sure.

Hooked it up with my SP, Dark Energy and Waldorf Blofeld and the sounds are amazing straight away. I've got to sit down and work it all out now.

Thanks Moog!!! 99c? 94c in Australia! ;)
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

acatcalledanarchy

Post by acatcalledanarchy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:15 am

I'm back at work again, but it's easy as a pie. I have the iPad Camera Kit as a MIDI Interface, connected with USB-Cable to my Waldorf Blofeld, in the MIDI Menu on ANIMOOG you choose your MIDI Source (Waldorf Blofeld in my case), and you're good to go. this works of course too, if you connect to your computer, the host of your choice, etc.
Cheers rkharper!
A Cat Called Anarchy

Voyager Select Series Whitewash Electric Blue, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 am

rkharper wrote:this might be a problem with iOS 5, and you just haven't realized yet, that your iPad has been muted since the update.
Check if your side switch is enabled for "display rotation lock", switch it back to "mute", go to your homescreen, unmute with the switch, go back to menu and switch it back to "display rotation lock", this should solve the problem, well it did with my musical apps yesterday.

good luck!
Thanks rkharper! That did the trick! Now I'll probably lose a nights sleep whilst I experiment with all this....

:D
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

rkharper