MF-106M

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
nrvana8775

MF-106M

Post by nrvana8775 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:50 am

So...as others have noticed, there is a 106m on the box of the flux. Cute hint, moog.

Any clue what it might be?

Didn't someone find the patent for the 108 last time? Can said person do that for the 106?

latigid on

Re: MF-106M

Post by latigid on » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:27 am

It might be called...:

WAVESPACE

http://socialmedia.trademarkia.com/wave ... 19161.html

could be a new app though.

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:07 am

Well look at the description:
Downloadable software in the nature of a mobile application for composing, playing and recording music; Sound frequency filters for controlling audio parameters by raising or lowering the gain of specific audio frequencies using a resonant filter
:D
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 am

Let's look at it by process of elimination:

We have a filter, but not a multi-mode version.

We have a ring mod, but there are a number of sounds it can create that could be broken out into specialty boxes, not likely tho, just buy more ring mods.

We have a phaser with two stage modes. We could use the other stages, like 2,4 and 8, but don't need em.

We had a delay without tap tempo and synching ability.

We have a murf, which could be used as a sequencer.

We have a pitch syncing / tone generating device, however we don't have an ASDR to control it - we did in the MP 201...

And now we have chorus / flange.

What other "gaps" do we Have? And when I say gaps, I mean MOOG gaps, not "we need a pitch shifter" gaps...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I would love to see a Stereo (In & Out) Fooger offering ADSR, multi-wave-based
Tremolo with the option of Auto Panning, and Stereo Rhythmic Gating (Amplitude
version of MuRF), with the Rate controlled via Knob, Tap Tempo, MIDI CC, MIDI
Clock, and Gate Input (all with the 22 Time Divisions when possible).

Envelope sensitivity for Rate Control is also very musical. As is amplitude-based
switching (with Glide) between two set Rates.

There are several products out there that each have some of the puzzle pieces,
but none have all of them:

http://www.catalinbread.com/stereosemaphore.html
(Wonderful choice of waves, and Shape adds so many more. But Mono In, no MIDI.)

http://www.gig-fx.com/products/pro-chop/
(Lots of musically useful features, but Mono In.)

http://pigtronix.com/products08/philosopherking.html
(Clever use of Repeating Env to make LFO Shapes, but no MIDI, Mono In/Out.)

http://www.hardwirepedals.com/tr7-tremo ... erview.php
(Stereo In/Out (finally) and Tap Tempo, but no MIDI, and limited Waveshapes.)

http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=290
(Rotary effect switches Speed via instrument level, but few options. Mono In.)

Not only would this pedal do all your standard stereo ADSR and Tremolo tricks,
but each Output could be used feed a different effect chain thus giving you
dynamic, rhythmic, or manual control over the blend of two effect chains.

LFO Out would make it even more fun to mix with other Foogers, and L/R CV Ins
for Amplitude would allow it to become the VCA of your Fooger Synth.

I know that I harp on the Stereo In/Out thing a lot, but it's disappointing to have
so many pedals that sound so good in Stereo (like 103, 105, 108) and then be put
in a situation where I have to make everything Mono except for the very last pedal.
Stop making me choose :-)
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Simply go to the system 55 and see what gaps are left.

I made a mock-up of a device, a cp sized fooger that filled what I thought are the gaps.

Unlock the gate....and enter into a whole new world of control:

The mixer has 4 adjustable inputs but is a VCA hardwired to the first envelope generator. It has 2 outputs that can be sent to different places for modification (such as left/right or to an effect send)
Like the Voyager, it has a disconnect switch and can be controlled via CV. The Envelope Generators have independent inputs and outputs (despite the first envgen being wired to the VCA, you can still output that signal to another destination).

Based on the 911, 911A and 912 Moog Modules, we continue with a dual trigger delay and Envelope Follower, though I was later told that the 912 that I based this design off of, was not a stock 912, so the unlabeled knob could be removed for the Moog logo.

This will fill some of the gaps in the modules they offered in New York, but will also fill the gaps in the rack's of people that have a VX351 or cp251 and want something else. For example, the RME owner has a vx351,vx352, cp251 and a gap where this module needs to be.

You think to yourselves "But the cp251 already can handle audio". Yes, but at the expense of your cv mixer. This is perfect for those with external oscillators, and also will complete the MoogerFooger synthesizer. Would probably be pretty damn costly though.

While this should not necessarily be the 106m, I feel this is very badly needed.

For the 106, I like the idea of a multimode filter (similar to their software version put out by IDK), a Highpass filter, a full blown wide range oscillator module (octave, waveshapes, frequency, et al).

Frankly though, I personally wish they would modify existing foogers to fit in to a double width MU format so those of us who think that the foogers take up too much rack space can have our modular fettish further invigorated.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 am

C'mon guys most of you haven't even bought the MF-108M yet, and you are already speculating! Make the plunge . . . no wonder Moog is "desperate for money!"

Well, did you also notice that the CP-251 is not listed on the Moogerfooger box? And yet, it is counted as a Moogerfooger on the website. It may get a new classification or be discontinued as well. I should get one ASAP, I suppose.

I think what Moog needs (and what the new app may be) is a custom wave-shaper. Something like the Kaossilator pad that you can design the wave shape by drawing on a screen or maybe a 3-D version of a theremin with electron-sensor field! Therefore, one could design 3 dimensional waveshapes that interact spatially . . . and how would that sound?!

ASDR/lfo-gen would be nice, especially with MP-201 going by the wayside.

I have read that the original idea for the 106 was incorporated into the 107, and that is why it was skipped. Essentially, 107 is two pedals in one. I owned one for a month, and it performed exceptionally in a recording session, and then I had to return it. So which part of the 107 is actually the 106, and will that have any bearing on new concepts?

Ultimately, the biggest gap is the delay-looper now, and as I've suggested before, Moog needs to move away from BBD technology. It can yield beautiful textures, but has very clear limitations.

So perhaps a Cp-251-ASDR-Delay/Looper hybrid with an interactive holo-diagram projected space for shaping custom waveforms!

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 am

I don't know what Moog would replace a bucket brigate delay with, I certianly don't want them to delve into digital delays. They sound so damn fantastic! They aren't tape delays but thankfully they aren't digital either. The 108 sounds good.

I doubt they will DC their cp251, it's probably too good of a seller for them, and it seems it's too useful to have just one of.

I think look at a stanrads pedalboard line and look for the gaps there. THey seem to want to keep their guitar market so the delay, phaser, chorus flange effects are all in tow. Aside from boost pedals, what is left but some fuzz?

I never heard that about the 106.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 am

The gaps are the MP-201 and VCA's. Would be nice for a Vactrol based Low Pass Gate and VCA's. Gate delay for delaying other LFO's would be a noce addition. I emailed and talked to Moog about a TS in CP format. They seemed uninterested.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Holograms

Post by Holograms » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:08 pm

How about a spring reverb?

seank

Post by seank » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

i would bet on a new midi delay pedal. on the box, they got rid of the 104 and added the 106m, so it just makes sense.

willi

Post by willi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 am

Tap tempo is probably the most requested feature for the delay and it would be nice if it supported MIDI tempo sync.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 pm

I don't think we will see a delay that is not some sort of MF-104???. We have had I think 3 delays with the 104...moniker so I think there will be a 104m of some sort. The same thing with MURF 105 105b 105m
Moog seems to stay with logical patterns. So that all said just wtf is a MF-106 and what will replace the MP-201?

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 pm

EricK wrote:Simply go to the system 55 and see what gaps are left.

I made a mock-up of a device, a cp sized fooger that filled what I thought are the gaps.

Unlock the gate....and enter into a whole new world of control:

The mixer has 4 adjustable inputs but is a VCA hardwired to the first envelope generator. It has 2 outputs that can be sent to different places for modification (such as left/right or to an effect send)
Like the Voyager, it has a disconnect switch and can be controlled via CV. The Envelope Generators have independent inputs and outputs (despite the first envgen being wired to the VCA, you can still output that signal to another destination).

Based on the 911, 911A and 912 Moog Modules, we continue with a dual trigger delay and Envelope
Follower, though I was later told that the 912 that I based this design off of, was not a stock 912, so the unlabeled knob could be removed for the Moog logo.
This will fill some of the gaps in the modules they offered in New York, but will also fill the gaps in the rack's of people that have a VX351 or cp251 and want something else. For example, the RME owner has a vx351,vx352, cp251 and a gap where this module needs to be.
You think to yourselves "But the cp251 already can handle audio". Yes, but at the expense of your cv mixer. This is perfect for those with external oscillators, and also will complete the MoogerFooger synthesizer. Would probably be pretty damn costly though.

While this should not necessarily be the 106m, I feel this really needed

For the 106, I like the idea of a multimode filter (similar to their software version put out by IDK), a Highpass filter, a full blown wide range oscillator module (octave, waveshapes, frequency, et al).

Frankly though, I personally wish they would modify existing foogers to fit in to a double width MU format so those of us who think that the foogers take up too much rack space can have our modular fettish further invigorated.

Eric

Eric please make me one of these pretty please!

Headphones

Post by Headphones » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 pm

I'd personally like to see some sort of distortion/overdrive moogerfooger, which I feel they should just make any MF-106 do. Midi would be a bonus, but I don't expect it either. But I don't know why the number MF106 seems to be the moogerfooger the company just seems not interested in releasing in the fooger family. Heck, maybe there was a MF106 on the cards, but only in Bob's head before he passed away. We may never know.