Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Re: Tell us about your rig

Post by EricK » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 pm

You are so right, but Im hoping they will build my cp255 gate processor lolol.

(4 chan audio mixer/VCA, 2 envelope generators, Dual Trigger Delay and Envelope follower modules)

Sigh...

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

moremagic

Post by moremagic » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 am

Feed a gate into the lag processor on the 251 and theres you an AR envelope right there
Electra EP-501, Korg MP-4, Korg PS-6, Moog CP-251, Moog MF-101, Moog MF-102, Moog MF-104Z, Moog MF-107, Yamaha DX7

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 am

Wow, some drool-worthy setups out there!

I have a modest little rig, and even at that I don't think I can squeeze any more hardware into my allotted space... which is probably a good thing. :)

On the Moog side of things, you'll see an RME, VX-352, CP-251, MF-102, MF-103 and MF-104Z. This gives me just enough CV shenanigans to keep me happy without spending all day plug jacking.

Only thing you can't see here is my Ovation electric/acoustic:

zoozither.com

Yeapsystar

Post by Yeapsystar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Aw well ... ;-) The only Moogy overhere is my Moog Etherwave Plus theremin, hehe! My keys are mainly GeneralMusic workstation keyboards (WS2, WX2 & WK4 Plus) and an old Korg Poly 800 Reversed Keys which needs a serious revision! Got some soft synths too (Arp 2600, Yamaha CS80 are my favorite ones but also got more of it!), but still need to buy a well keyboard for it (so, with real keys I mean) and I'm still finding out (but lack of time) how I can get everything work with plugins & so, LOL!
... Yeah, I do have a wish list ... Still wanna buy one day such an old Roland Uno 106 ... And a Moog Little Phatty and a vocoder ... I think that will be a Moog too as they are the best ones with vocoders! But we all know eh? It's always the money :D

Love,

Marielle :D

MC

Post by MC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 pm

No setup is too small for this thread
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Jauntimus Prime

Post by Jauntimus Prime » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am

It's nice to be back in synth-land after being so busy with drumming as of late. Posting here for the first time in a while I was struck by MC's last comment. It occurred to me that my rig needs an update, since there are now 308 keys stuffed in my (bedroom) studio! That's like having three and a half grand pianos. Not too small, is it? :mrgreen:

Boards:
Moog/Realistic Concertmate MG-1
Moog Opus 3
Roland SH-09
Roland Juno-60
Crumar T1 organ (just added, needs a bit o' work)
Yamaha CP35 piano
Fisher-Price Real Sounds piano (my only digital, sample-based instrument!)

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby GCB95 wah (modded for true bypass)
EH Small Stone phaser
Boss DS-1 distortion, BF-2 flanger, PH-2 phaser, DD-6 delay

Rack:
Korg KMX-62 6-ch mixer (need more channels!)
Roland DEP-3 processor (it's really just a reverb)
Roland SDE-2500 delay
Electrix WarpFactory vocoder
48-pt patch bay (for outboard effects/synth connectivity... makes me feel like I have a little modular)
Furman power conditioner

Pics on the way!

NO more boards for me for a while. It's on to repairing the ones with problems and delving more into interfacing them together. I really want either a MIDI-CV or a MIDI-DCB (for the Juno) interface next, though I can't decide which one to get first...
"There's a reason digital audio has earned its reputation for sterility, lifelessness, and harshness. Mainly, it's because it tends to be sterile, lifeless, and harsh." [url=http://www.myspace.com/froghollowdaycamp]Frog Hollow Day Camp[/url]

bollinote

Post by bollinote » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

My synth set is:
Micromoog, Multimoog, Minimoog Musonics ( with all R.A.Moog boards), Moog DVCO custom engeneering, Arp odyssey, Arp 2600 orange + keyb, Oberheim 2 voice, Oberheim OB8 midi, Mellotron (digital), MOS- LAB modular 16A, 2 x synth.com 960 sequencers + modules, Roland JD-800, EMU 64, Akai S-2000
Waiting : New Oberheim SO4V !!!! & VCS3.
Regards Bollinote

ChrisStack

Post by ChrisStack » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 am

Voyager w/ VX-351
LP w/ CV Out Mod
Slim Phatty
Moog Guitar Model E1
4 MF-101
2 MF-102
1 MF-103
1 MF-104Z
1 MF-105
1 MF-105M
CP-251
Multi-Pedal
Etherwave Plus Theremin
Yamaha MO8 & MU80
Kurzweil K2000, K2000R & K1000 (broken)
Korg MicroX
Roland Octapad
Alesis Micron
M-Audio Keystation 88
ElectroHarmonix Vocoder (big old rackmount)
TC-Helicon Voiceworks
Line6 EchoPro
Electric sitar
Solidbody electric classical guitar
6 ouds
2 rebabas
~30 flutes
2 electric kalimbas
misc percussion

Chris
Chris Stack
I do interesting things

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 pm

I play a Little Phatty stage II and, as of today, a Fender Rhodes suitcase 73! Already did some soldering and key easing work on it. It sounds amazing!
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:45 pm

I think if you did a search for "Theres nothing like a Moog and a Rhodes" you'd come up with perhaps a few dozen posts of mine lol.

There simply isn't any thing like the two. I love it. The Moog can get so gritty and in your face, but the Rhodes always so mellow and soothing.

What year is it?

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:12 am

EricK wrote:

What year is it?
it was built May 14th of 1974. All the black material was stripped off by the last owner, so I've decided to sand down the wood frame and refinish it. I haven't gotten the chance to pair it with my Phatty yet, as I purchased it from a store in Minneapolis. I live in Duluth and I won't be back home until tomorrow. Playing the two together is at the top of my list of things to do upon arriving at home!

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 pm

You can get tolex for it, but I understand that it's pretty expensive and pretty hard to work with.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Kenneth wrote:
EricK wrote:

What year is it?
it was built May 14th of 1974. All the black material was stripped off by the last owner, so I've decided to sand down the wood frame and refinish it. I haven't gotten the chance to pair it with my Phatty yet, as I purchased it from a store in Minneapolis. I live in Duluth and I won't be back home until tomorrow. Playing the two together is at the top of my list of things to do upon arriving at home!
If you want to re-tolex it, check out:

http://www.vintagevibe.com/

It won't be cheap, but they seem to do a great job.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I don't really know what I think about the services they provide there.

I think if you live close to them then it's worth it. If you have a pos Rhodes then its not worth it. I have seen Rhodes go on ebay for like 700 bucks. My Rhodes needs the amp fixed and the preamp worked on (trem bulbs). VV I'll send in my preamp and they will send me someone elses that's been rebuilt and that costs about 300 bucks. Same for the amp. So its like 600 bucks to get the thing working perfectly. Not worth it IMO.

I think it's great they make tines and supply parts though. But to ship the amp/harp off to be rebuilt, I think those each weigh about 55 lbs a piece if not more. Super Expensive to do. They will look fantastic though.

I really wonder though if they are asking a bit too much for totally restored units.

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:33 pm

I don't think I am going to re tolex it. I like the wood, its just a question of getting the wood to look nice. The one thing that's bugging me right now is the key action. When I picked it up yesterday it had several sticky keys. I did a key easing job and that seemed to help a lot, but there are still a few that are stubborn. Anyone else have that issue?