Mike Bucki current status

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Electrong

Re: Mike Bucki current status

Post by Electrong » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:11 am

Yawn.. I emailed him back in February of 2009, at which time I was asking about the Micromoog pitch bend ribbon and possibly a sample and hold module. He responded by saying he was still in business, and accepted both money orders and credit cards, although the credit cards required an additional email address "for security." He also said I could communicate with him either by phone or email. Not sure if that is still a valid phone number, though.

I'd be very surprised if Mike was not aware of these very long delays and the fading trust that has accompanied them. Given that, to not accept a credit card or at least an escrow service is not a good sign. But I'm not in the shoes of those who are waiting. If I were, I might want to take the gamble. But only Mike can determine whether or not the additional funds will result in the services finally being provided.
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:12 am

Erick, I had that exact conversation with Mike. I tried to explain that sending more money makes me nervous under the circumstances. He was short after that and only replied "i will ship on receipt of payment in full". (postal money order only) i may change my mind later, but right now i can't see myself sending him any more money. glad i bought the t3's now more than ever! seriously doubt the t1's will ever be back.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Interesting.

Perhaps this might be an option. Perhaps you can send the money in a way of your choosing ANYWAY. Like, for instance, western u. or through some sort of courier where you can file a claim and have some protection. Have the money sent and THEN contact him and tell him that the money is there already. It is a test to see exactly the extent to which money talks.

Mike is a man who I I know likes to line his pockets.

He told me that there was an engineer that he worked with that was honored when Bob was postumously awarded with the same honor in a ceremony in Buffalo. He told me that he was there and (you may think of this what you will) he too probably should have received the same honor since he was there and a part of the same team, but added that he was not interested in any honors or prizes unless the prize is a monotary one.

So, if faced with an option of collecting some cash that is awaiting his acceptance he might just bow and send your item.

I would also consider having a buffalo attorney go to his house on your behalf to present Mike with a check for the full amount he is asking from you, and in return to pick up the item in whatever state. In my opinion this would be worth whatever the attorney would charge because of the principles involved.

Id like to see you with a success story to tell here.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Ronny_Pudding

Post by Ronny_Pudding » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:14 pm

This guy's holding on to 10s of thousands of dollars worth of people's equipment for years now? Get a group together, jump in the car or whatever and go get them. They're yours. If he needs to be restrained so be it. He can sit and watch while everyone's gear is reclaimed. What does he expect? I'd expect the worst doing stupid crap like keeping other people's property. He's getting off easy if he doesn't end up getting hurt in this. Don't be such a bunch of pansies. Sheesh!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:45 am

Ronny_Pudding wrote:This guy's holding on to 10s of thousands of dollars worth of people's equipment for years now? Get a group together, jump in the car or whatever and go get them. They're yours. If he needs to be restrained so be it. He can sit and watch while everyone's gear is reclaimed. What does he expect? I'd expect the worst doing stupid crap like keeping other people's property. He's getting off easy if he doesn't end up getting hurt in this. Don't be such a bunch of pansies. Sheesh!
I have to agree with this, even though the last sentence was worded a bit harshly.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

That is simply stupid to suggest something like that.

HowardJones

Post by HowardJones » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:22 pm

A couple years ago I sat as a juror in a trial of a group of people that did pretty much what is suggested above. The charges were unlawful imprisonment and robbery, among others.
Two Slim Phatties 313 and 354- DSI Tetra - DotCom System - Korg Poly 800 - Yamaha DX27 & RS7000 + Matching Moog Pocket Protectors

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 am

Really!
In NY State it can range anywhere from Class A Misdemeanor to A1 Felony, and that isn't referring to the sauce.

Were talking Kidnapping, inprisonment, assault, restraint, robbery, coercion. Depending on what and how they want to charge you, yeah definately the stupidest Idea to resolve this situation.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 am

Ask OJ Simpson about getting back 'his stuff'!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

ARP

Post by ARP » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Ronny_Pudding wrote:This guy's holding on to 10s of thousands of dollars worth of people's equipment for years now? Get a group together, jump in the car or whatever and go get them. They're yours. If he needs to be restrained so be it. He can sit and watch while everyone's gear is reclaimed. What does he expect? I'd expect the worst doing stupid crap like keeping other people's property. He's getting off easy if he doesn't end up getting hurt in this. Don't be such a bunch of pansies. Sheesh!
:roll: In most states this would constitute a Home Invasion/Robbery,good for at least a 5 years in a state prison.
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Can be charged with anything like:

Criminal Trespassing- Class A Misdemeanor 2nd degree up to a year in jail
Third Degree Burglary- Class C Felony 5-15 years prion probation possible

Restrain Mike, Class B Felony First Degree Burglary 5-25 yrs prison

“Restrain” was a legal term. Class A misdemeanor up to a year in jail

Kidnapping 1st degree Class a-1 felony. possible life without parole

Coersion Class A Misdemeanor up to a year in jail

This comes str8 out of NY law. THe situation depended on the charge. For example, it is considered criminal tresspassing if you enter a place with the intention to commit a crime. If it is a dwelling it automatically is more serious.

A special set of words appeared in the law: "Regardless of intent"

timmy

Post by timmy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am

are there any laws that protect his "customers" or is everyone who did business with him screwed?

seems a bit skewed that there is no protection for those consumers forced to accept his practices.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Judge Wapner wrote:Don't take the law into your own hands, you take 'em to court.

Ronny_Pudding

Post by Ronny_Pudding » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:16 pm

HowardJones wrote:A couple years ago I sat as a juror in a trial of a group of people that did pretty much what is suggested above. The charges were unlawful imprisonment and robbery, among others.
Interesting. Can you post the County/City, State, and Case number? Was this a civil case? I'd like to take a look at it. Thanks.

Ronny_Pudding

Post by Ronny_Pudding » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:54 pm

EricK wrote:Can be charged with anything like:

Criminal Trespassing- Class A Misdemeanor 2nd degree up to a year in jail
Third Degree Burglary- Class C Felony 5-15 years prion probation possible

Restrain Mike, Class B Felony First Degree Burglary 5-25 yrs prison

“Restrain” was a legal term. Class A misdemeanor up to a year in jail

Kidnapping 1st degree Class a-1 felony. possible life without parole

Coersion Class A Misdemeanor up to a year in jail

This comes str8 out of NY law. THe situation depended on the charge. For example, it is considered criminal tresspassing if you enter a place with the intention to commit a crime. If it is a dwelling it automatically is more serious.

A special set of words appeared in the law: "Regardless of intent"

Get a grip man! Nobody's gonna hurt your little buddy Mike Bucki. You clearly don't know much about circustance and law so stick to what you do best and keep twiddlin your knob.
Kidnapping?? WTF!? How do you figure? Yeah, they'll really throw the book at us. We are way out of line trying to get our gear back from a total creep. You haven't sited one charge against Mike as if he's done nothing wrong, why is that? You do know that Grand Larceny in New York is $1000 or more? That should be a pretty nice set of counts against good ol' Mikey wouldn't you say?