MF rubber pads

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
samplethesilence

MF rubber pads

Post by samplethesilence » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:07 pm

I just purchased a used MF-101, and there are no rubber pads/feet on the bottom, only metal screws. Any suggestions for direct replacements?

edit: Well, I found this post, and I suppose I could just contact Moog Music and pay the hefty shipping, or go the cheap route and get some standard sticky pads from an office supply store. But I'd still like to know how to get either the exact part or perhaps one a little more durable.

tubeampguy

Re: MF rubber pads

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:14 pm

The problem with the stock rubber feet is there's NO embedded WASHER!
WITHOUT a internal washer the feet fail prematurely (The washer compresses the inside of the foot when tightening the screw) Without this washer, the screw heads just pulls through ripping the rubber when tightened. I have had to replaced ALL my Moogerfooger feet with a premium type foot with an embedded washer. Its these design oversights that have turned me off to Moog Music products. I wonder how much MORE profit the company makes on the backs of there devoted customer base? :evil:

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:19 pm

I've not had a single foot failure in 12 Foogers over a couple years. I must be doing something wrong. :shock:

You can get the feet at any electronic supply house. Like Mouser
http://www.mouser.com/Enclosures/Access ... ot&FS=True

Some ACE hardware have them.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:06 pm

User removed
Last edited by tubeampguy on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Headphones

Post by Headphones » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 pm

When you use the rack for 3 foogers, are the rubber feet kept in place? Or do those have to go?

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Headphones wrote:When you use the rack for 3 foogers, are the rubber feet kept in place? Or do those have to go?

Omit the feet and snug down (don't overtighten!) the screws to the rack mount panel. Check screws often for tightness. The bouncing around of rack cases loosens fasteners. Moog uses clip-nuts instead of floating nut-plates. If overtightened, clip-nuts strip out. Good luck with your rig Moogerfoogers are really fun to make music/noise with.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 am

I left my rubber feet on in my rack. No issues here. I also don't gig with mine so I haven't had any problems with vibrations requiring me to retighten them.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Headphones

Post by Headphones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:07 am

I haven't ordered the rack unit yet, but I'm thinking about doing so soon and order a EP-2 as well. I might even order the cp-251 rack as well, even though I don't have a clue when I'm getting one. (Just know that I can see myself maybe wanting 2 of them, so I might consider just ordering the rack for the cp-251 for that reason). Maybe I'll wait, but I'll have to see. Won't be touring, because it's all going to stay in my studio, but my desk space is always at a premium, so racking things makes my life a bit easier.

willi

racking

Post by willi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 am

If one were really concerned couldn't you use a thread tightening compound like Locktite? Or put a washer in the rubber foot when mounting in the rack? Or mount your own floating nut plate?
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:56 pm

THe only time I have ever really heard of Locktite, was when I installed tritium sights on my Glock. Actually, the gunsmith installed them because I don't own the sight tool, so he messed with that, but I seem to remember reading that there is a special compound that you have to have to remove something secured with locktite. It seems like a good suggestion, but in my opinion, way too much trouble to go through for Foogers as I have frequently thought of changing the order of them in my rack and I have had to take one off a few times for repairs.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

willi

Post by willi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm

There are different types of thread lock compounds and some are made to reduce vibration but still be removable, while others are considered more 'permanent'.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com