Moogerfooger conversion panels?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
tubeampguy

Moogerfooger conversion panels?

Post by tubeampguy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:49 am

So I was searching the internet tonight looking for moogerfoogers that were racked. I came across a website that made these for someone. Rack panels to convert Moogerfoogers into modular rack panels. So what do you think of this concept? I wonder if this would really would work? Take a look at this picture and lets debate the details. Maybe we can get Amos and/or company involved??

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am

Hmmm interesting... are these basically specialized patchbays or do they get hardwired to the pedals? I think these would be rather useful
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

minimoog56

Post by minimoog56 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 am

Are these Euro? What is the website?

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:Hmmm interesting... are these basically specialized patchbays or do they get hardwired to the pedals? I think these would be rather useful
I'd imagine that they are just glorified extension cable mounts.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 am

Provided you could fit the boards behind them I think that would be an interesting approach.

Missing a few of those glorious potentiometers tho.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:36 am

I like the idea of a rack of foogers but not without the knobs.

tubeampguy

Re: Moogerfooger conversion panels?

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 am

tubeampguy wrote:So I was searching the internet tonight looking for moogerfoogers that were racked. I came across a website that made these for someone. Rack panels to convert Moogerfoogers into modular rack panels. So what do you think of this concept? I wonder if this would really would work? Take a look at this picture and lets debate the details. Maybe we can get Amos and/or company involved??

Here another example of people finding there way out of the 'Fooger standard" vortex. I like this set up way better using the Moog/.COM standard. I found these pics on MuffWigglers, I don't know who made the panel or did the conversion.

With that great big new factory building that Moog Music acquired, they should have the room and be able to think outta the box a little more on cost effective ways to make profit. Offering a panel and charging to do the modification for customers is very little capital and more profit than releasing yet another REALLY pricey "NEW" Moog Music product that takes 2 years to develop and release. I know I'm not alone with this feeling like were being ignored my Moog Music. Can you here me MIKE?

I finally am so fed up with wall warts x every 'Fooger/MP-210/Etherwave plus I own, power strips with spacing for the wallwarts and "NO" new 'Fooger designs since the MIDI MURF that I built a Eurorack modular and packed away all my Moog Music stuff until I decide what I'm going to do with it all, maybe I'll just dump them for more capital for my every growing Eurorack rig (One case, One Powersupply!). :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm

I love those!

Id be really interested to see how they do the CP 251 and vx351. Those cp units seem like they are the same size panels, just turned sideways.

I guess all we're waiting for Moog to do now is build a VCA Env Gen module.

THe phaser is missing a kill setting lol.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:06 pm

tube, this is what I'm doing, I hope to have the whole she-bang done these holidays. One large custom panel, as I don't have other modular gear to go with it. Additionally, I am incorporating attenuators for all CV outs and all the mods I know of to the 'foogers.

EricK, check again ;)

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:06 pm

latigid on wrote:tube, this is what I'm doing, I hope to have the whole she-bang done these holidays. One large custom panel, as I don't have other modular gear to go with it. Additionally, I am incorporating attenuators for all CV outs and all the mods I know of to the 'foogers.

EricK, check again ;)
Yes, I have followed your posts for a long time. Great modification.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 pm

I didn't see the kill setting.

I would like to get mods like this. Im moving towards a 5U modular and this would be great.

Eric

moogyman

Post by moogyman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 am

EricK wrote:I didn't see the kill setting.

I would like to get mods like this. Im moving towards a 5U modular and this would be great.

Eric
look closely - it's in RED and the print is tiny

but the Kill is there....
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.

twocentsideshow

Post by twocentsideshow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Looks amazing - thats exacly what I want to do, but I'm a little bit afraid of ripping my foogers apart. What did you make the face of? The painting/labelling looks great!