MARK KELLY LEAD SOUND SETTINGS ON MINIMOOG

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
georghi

MARK KELLY LEAD SOUND SETTINGS ON MINIMOOG

Post by georghi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what settings MARK KELLY from MARILLION used on his MiniMoog for solos like GARDEN PARTY, FUGAZI, SHE KNOWS YOU KNOW, MARKET SQUARE HEROES and so on ?

cheers

Geo

Mark Kelly

Re: MARK KELLY LEAD SOUND SETTINGS ON MINIMOOG

Post by Mark Kelly » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 am

I do but I'm on tour without my Minimoog right now. I'm new to this forum. Is there a system people normally use to share info about sounds or is it just a case of writing stuff like "Osc 1&2 set to 8' slightly detuned sawtooth waveform etc."

cheers

Mark

PS. If anyone has a minimoog question for Don Aiery from Deep Purple I can ask him for you as we are on tour with them :-)

omvibes

Post by omvibes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 am

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum! I'm a big fan of Marillion, nice to see you posting here. I'd also be interested in your Minimoog settings from Marillion tunes, there's no set 'format' here, as far as I know, for outling settings, just give us as much information as you can/ would like to! Thanks! Oli

Palle

Post by Palle » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi!
Mr Kelly, another huge fan of yours here, and I would also like to know about those settings. Every now and then the machine slips into, what seems to be, the right settings for Punch & Judy or the solo of Incommunicado. There is one thing that amazes me; how the sound is so fat, even when you only use two Osc:s. Att the end of the Incommunicado-solo, you LFO-modulate and let the tone fade out, so I´m asuming there are only two OSC:s making the sound. Do you re-route the signal back to External input?

~Patrik Ringholm, Sweden
(By the way, I´ll never forget the concert in Oslo on 24-01-09, however technically disastreous)

dannephi

Post by dannephi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:47 pm

Obviously this is an ancient post, but I'd love any leads on MK minimoog patches!