Recording button presses on the MP

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Jasperh

Recording button presses on the MP

Post by Jasperh » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello,

I'm just about to splash out the MP. I had one question. I want to send 4 different speeds of ramp modulation, to get the wobble bass sound on a Voyager.

I wondered, can I record the button presses into a sequencer? So when I stomp on one of the 4 buttons, it's recorded and then plays back?

Does that make sense? In other word, can I trigger the buttons using a midi sequencer so they then send CV?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes

Jasper

EMwhite

Re: Recording button presses on the MP

Post by EMwhite » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Sort of, but I don't think so...

Let me explain. You want to have a channel configured for Gate | Momentary and yes, you can certainly record that. On v2.0 of the pedal firmware (which is what I have installed so the answer may vary if something newer has more capabilities), you can send a Midi note (any value), or send the momentary On/Off for a CC # on a given channel. The On Off are the typically accepted 0 and something above 64, or 127.

What would be handy would be if you could set the actual value to be sent along with the CC # and even better, have it be a 14 bit #. If you check your Taurus manual, you'll see specific values for the various waveforms so you'll need to select these via each.

Send a personal msg to Amos (if he doesn't see this first) and suggest it. I think I may have as I had some issues trying to get a T-Rex replica delay pedal to receive certain values some time ago.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!