Idea for a controller

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
wescook56

Idea for a controller

Post by wescook56 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I love me some moog, but I don't like the bender on my bandmate's little phatty or the voyagers i have played at the store. I would love to see an external spring loaded centering type bender mounted vertically next to a vertical ribbon controller like the one pictured on the new voyager XL. Basically configured like the modwheel/ribbon area of my micromoog. Control Voltage and midi out. I envision something that would be tabletop or mountable to a keyboard or mic stand with a basic rugged plastic housing. I think we would all enjoy doing van halen style dive-bombs on our moogs and it would be fun and cool if moog made something that was under $100.00.
Micromoog, CP-251, Prophet 600, Fantom X6

EricK

Re: Idea for a controller

Post by EricK » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:15 pm

You know, I can dig that idea.

Ive been saying for awhile that Moog neds to release an independant touchplate for their synths.

Maybe a ribbon, mod wheel, and touch surface all in one would be an ultimate synth controller.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Veeger

Post by Veeger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 am

That sounds great!

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:31 pm

I couldn't agree more. Now with the new SP and the Voyager RME they would sell a boat load. I don't play keys so alternative controllers is all I need. It would allow me to pack much lighter. I don't take my LP out it's to bulky for what I use it for. But a SP or RME and a new ribbon/touch surface controller that set up would see a whole lot more action.

Desan

wescook56

Post by wescook56 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:18 pm

How do we get the moog folks to take notice?
Micromoog, CP-251, Prophet 600, Fantom X6

moogyman

Post by moogyman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:43 am

Which one would you all prefer?

Independent touchplate?

Ribbon controller?

or

Two in one?
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm

I personally would like both in one handsome enclosure.

Dean

Raaku

Post by Raaku » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 am

I would find optimal a design that was built the same size as the cp-251 and would have a pitch wheel and also a modulation wheel, a touchplate or two and a ribbon controller. All with cv outs and midi compatibility, that would really be something.

Maybe there could also be a four-way multiple so you could, for instance, send the ribbon cv to multiple destinations.