CV cable

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
kurt

CV cable

Post by kurt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi,

Just bought 2 mooger foogers, i love the sound. But was thinking of also using the CV functionalities.

Can I use this kind of cables as CV cables ?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_ccfi_03_pp.htm

Thanks

DeFrag

Re: CV cable

Post by DeFrag » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 am

Yeah, should be fine.

The only real thing you must remember is to never use guitar or patch cables to connect speakers to amplifiers.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

derekmather

Post by derekmather » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:18 am

DeFrag wrote:Yeah, should be fine.

The only real thing you must remember is to never use guitar or patch cables to connect speakers to amplifiers.
what?! Does it break the Moogerfooger if you plug in regular guitar chords? I have been using planet waves to connect CV patches for awhile and nothing seems to be wrong... unless you just mean Speaker to Amp cables. :?:
If the brain was simple enough that we could understand it, we'd be simple enough that we couldn't understand it.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 pm

You can use either speaker cables or instrument cables for CV.

Just don't use shielded cable on high-powered amplifiers; the cable turns into a capacitor and might blow up your system.
Use unshielded cables on instruments at your own risk/noise ;)