Transposing octave with MP-201

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
patobrujo

Transposing octave with MP-201

Post by patobrujo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

i got an LP and a T3, and im trying to use my MP-201 to transpose the LP's octave when i'm controlling it with the T3. So if i play a really low bass sound on the Taurus, the LP doesn't play the same octave but 2 octaves above the T3.

I tried different things in order to achieve this (Midi to CV, Gate signal, etc.) but the thing that turn out to be the most useful was setting a channel as expression and fixing the 3 values (toe, heel and initial), at the same and connect that channel to the LP's PITCH CV IN. I changed the unit display to volts (as i was thinking: 1 volt per octave), but to my surprise the LP didn't respond to that correlation, in fact to change the pitch in 2 octaves i needed to set the channel value in 2.32 volts and in some sounds in 2.34 volts.

So, ¿anyone can think of a different way to do this? ¿it is normal that the LP didn't respond to the 1 volt per octave realation?

cheers :D
..::PATOBRUJO::..