Old School Factory Mod

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
EricK

Old School Factory Mod

Post by EricK » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 pm

This is probably a stupid question.....
This isn't needed with the Regular Voyagers?
If its in the software and I have overlooked it, it is because I rarely dive deeper into the Menu than the Filter poles. Perhaps I should.

It looks awesome though and if there were a couple of jacks that you could insert on the LHC then it would REALLY look like the model D!

Keep it up guys!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Just Me

Re: Old School Factory Mod

Post by Just Me » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 pm

What was your question???? Never mind. I just saw the ad for the OS factory mod on Facebook.
Those functions are in the menus on Voyager new schools. (And not buried, either.) I set my V curve a while ago to suit my hamfists and have left it. I use the trigger modes often when programming.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Protip: You could already turn legato off by starting up the Old School while holding down the first two white keys.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

Unfiltered

Post by Unfiltered » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 pm

how do you change the velocity curve on the voyager new school?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Unfiltered wrote:how do you change the velocity curve on the voyager new school?
Which operating system are you running?

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Jrayk Roze wrote:Protip: You could already turn legato off by starting up the Old School while holding down the first two white keys.
Does the procedure work in reverse turning Legato On?
Aaron Mulqueen: Moog Subsequent 37 - MF 104M

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Unfiltered wrote:how do you change the velocity curve on the voyager new school?
I've got Opsys 3.3
It is master menu item 4.3 Velocity Curve. Soft/Normal/Hard.
So hit Master
scroll to Velocity Curve
Press enter
Use up and down arrows to select curve
Press enter
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm

filosofem wrote:
Jrayk Roze wrote:Protip: You could already turn legato off by starting up the Old School while holding down the first two white keys.
Does the procedure work in reverse turning Legato On?
To turn on legato, simply turn on the voyager. It's legato by default.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Very good Jrayk Roze.

Regards.

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm

How come when Legato Mode is turned off that when holding a key down and pressing another that the Volume Envelope does not work?

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am

filosofem wrote:
How come when Legato Mode is turned off that when holding a key down and pressing another that the Volume Envelope does not work?
Is the answer to my question, Single Trigger Mode, that is when a key is held any new key trigger will not subsequently re-trigger the Volume Envelope?

Christopher Winkels

Post by Christopher Winkels » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 pm

I just came across this mod now. Am I the only one a tiny bit disappointed that Moog hasn't offered an octave mod instead?

Allow me to elaborate...

When playing a synth, one of the most frustrating things is running out of keys as one moves up or down the keyboard. A nice feature on several synths I've owned is the ability to transpose up or down by one or two octaves. Sometimes it's well implemented (the Prophet '08 and Moog Source both come to mind), other times it's not as well done (the Odyssey forces one to transpose up or down by two octaves at a time).

The lack of this on the VOS is one of the sources of frustration I have. It might not seem like a big deal to flick three footage knobs on the front panel, but hitting an up or down button right above the pitch wheels is faster, feels more natural, and allows for the ability to do octave "trills" by rapidly going up/down/up/down with rapid presses.

Something to consider if future upgrades are planned, Moog chaps...