Mike Bucki gone?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Mitchell Chastain

Re: Mike Bucki gone?

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 pm

anyone have any suggestions on how they would handle this problem?
Last edited by Mitchell Chastain on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat May 22, 2010 5:22 pm

I certainly wouldn't.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Brad

Post by Brad » Sat May 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Voyager Performer, Taurus III, Etherwave Plus, MF 102, 104Z, 105, 107, CP 251, VX 351, Future Retro Revolution, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton Extreme, Hammond XK-1

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Sat May 22, 2010 8:24 pm

You could go to his address..assuming it is still valid.

I would be willing to bet that he has had some problems, (divorce, or whatever) but has probably taken steps to insure that he is still in possession of equipment and synths he's got that he's working on. It may be that if he reveals too much info, it could result in divorce courts seizing the property that isn't actually his.
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects

jonathanhughes

Post by jonathanhughes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I met Mike Bucki at a show I was playing tonight (opening for Three Dog Night, of all things). He nows our drummer. We talked Moogs a bit, and he seemed like a really nice guy. I mentioned that I knew people were trying to get a hold of him, and he was bemoaning the fact that his website is still down, and the phone number he had been using doesn't work anymore. He's still fixing Moogs (and other things), and the way to get a hold of him is his cell phone: .

Jonathan

<Edited to remove personal information>

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:21 pm

jonathanhughes wrote:I met Mike Bucki at a show I was playing tonight (opening for Three Dog Night, of all things). He nows our drummer. We talked Moogs a bit, and he seemed like a really nice guy. I mentioned that I knew people were trying to get a hold of him, and he was bemoaning the fact that his website is still down, and the phone number he had been using doesn't work anymore. He's still fixing Moogs (and other things), and the way to get a hold of him is his cell phone: .

Jonathan

<Edited to remove personal information>
So the man is still "fixing Moogs", but there's no way to contact him to get equipment back? Sorry, sounds like everybody here who paid him good money in good faith are still screwed. Why was his cell number deleted? And did anyone who tried that number get anywhere?

Wavezero

Post by Wavezero » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello people,

I've been trying to reach Mike for a long while now and i have really lost my patience.
For those who are planning a trial against Mike I am willing to testify.
I'm thinking about calling my lawyer as well to get him to send me the things that i have paid for wich was more than a year ago.
I just can't think of any other way to get my stuff or to get my money back.

regards to all of you,

Wavezero

jonathanhughes

Post by jonathanhughes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

I just came back to this thread after a couple weeks and see that his cell phone number was deleted out of my post. It says it was edited to delete personal information. I guess it technically is personal information, but it's also his business number. I hope i didn;t get any Moog demerits for that.

If you need his contact info you can PM me.

Jonathan

Wavezero

Post by Wavezero » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi,

I spoke to Mike yesterday and we had a long conversation about this whole thing.
Mike told he is back in buisness again and he said that he finally got access to his email again.
He is now checking all the orders on his email and working around the clock to get everything done.
We re-checked my order and he told me that my order will be ready in two weeks and that i have to call him in two weeks.
I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Wavezero

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Assuming this will all happen, did Mike mention if he will be taking in new business as well?

Thanks for the update. I imagine several people on this forum will be breathing a bit easier...

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 pm

I think alot of people will be breathing easier when they finally receive all their equipment back.

As of now....it is still only talk and no action.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Prime NL wrote:I think alot of people will be breathing easier when they finally receive all their equipment back.

As of now....it is still only talk and no action.
If Bucki at least emailed, called or came on the forum to give status updates some might breathe easier. But 3rd party reports are as reliable as a $3 pistol.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Folks, I don't like this whole thing thats going on, but this may be a VERY BAD SIGN.

MiniMoog Pitch bend and mod wheels from an Auction from the factory closing. Seller in Albion New York.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Moog-Minimoog-Pitch ... 3cb06e446f

Theres a pitch ribbon and mod wheel with CV outputs for a Mini (Geddy Lee mod)

Theres also a Sample and Hold module

A Dualing VCO module and I know mike made these.

Now I don't know if Albion NY has any relevance, and theres no way to be sure if this is him or not, but there can't really be that many people that have parts like these unless its another tech or something. Of corse I admit that I really don't have the information to say anything about it but when I saw these I started to worry about Mike never returning to the business.

Sorry to get you guys flared up.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Don't panic, that can't be Bucki. Look at his other items, mostly non-moog. Description of the dual VCO unit sez he used it with his ARP 2600.

Trust me, if that were Bucki there would be many oddball moog items up there.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Wavezero wrote:Hi,

I spoke to Mike yesterday and we had a long conversation about this whole thing.
Mike told he is back in buisness again and he said that he finally got access to his email again.
He is now checking all the orders on his email and working around the clock to get everything done.
We re-checked my order and he told me that my order will be ready in two weeks and that i have to call him in two weeks.
I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Wavezero
Welllllll, it's been two weeks..... :roll: