Voyager Old School tuning/intonation

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bradley103082

Voyager Old School tuning/intonation

Post by bradley103082 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Hello all. I'm having a bit of an issue and I don't know if it's an intonation thing or a keyboard calibration thing or what. I've had the os powered on for several hours so it's warmed up. The tuning is inconsistent throughout the octave stops and keyboard octaves. I'm hooked up to a boss tu-2 tuner. I'll tune middle c on the keyboard at the 8' stop. Middle c stays pretty in tune at all the stops. When I play the next c down on the keyboard and switch to 16' and 32' it gets progressively sharper. When I play the c's above middle c on the keyboard and switch to 4' 2' and 1' it gets progressively flatter. The highest c at the 1' stop registers into b territory on the tuner.

I've went through this process on my little phatty and that stayed in tune everywhere. I've had it a little longer than the voyager and haven't done a tuning calibration or anything since I've had it. Is this a common problem with the OS voyagers? Thanks. Brad
Voyager Old School, Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, Etherwave Theremin Whitewash, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 107, CP-251, VX-351

latigid on

Re: Voyager Old School tuning/intonation

Post by latigid on » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 pm

If you would like the scale procedure to tune yourself, I can find it for you. Not sure how applicable to OS Voyagers it is, but certainly for non-OS (NS?), you need to do it for the 3.X upgrade.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 am

It's the same analogue board in both types of Voyager so the keyboard tracking adjustments are the same. This definitely sounds like keyboard tracking is the adjustment to make.

All the best,

Amos

Lumin

Post by Lumin » Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

i may need to tune mine as well. i suffer from the same problems. most of the time the global tuning will slightly fix the tuning for a few keys through an octave but for the most part does more to detune than to help.
do you have those instructions?
[url]www.oddinhuman.com[/url]
[url]https://oddinhuman.bandcamp.com/[/url]

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I have the same problem.
My accomplisment is a MP-201 Multipedal. I have bought one.
It has got scale adjustment.
Tell the truth, I had to adjust to 1,012 V/oct on the MP-201, and the problem has gone.
At least for 5 octave the tuning is ok.

Ok, this is not the cheapest way for it, but it is functioning...

Sorry, but I haven't got more idea.
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu May 20, 2010 5:57 pm