Polyphonic Moog Feature Request

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.

Would you buy a Polyphonic Moog?

Most definately!
63%
Definately not!
15%
Maybe, if.... (please specify)
19%
Only if.....(specify)
3%

Total votes: 62

superd2112

Re: Polyphonic Moog Feature Request

Post by superd2112 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:55 pm

superd2112 wrote:Replacing my original post here with a HUGE "Thank You" to Admin! SO glad to see that the troll exterminator has finally arrived!
Looks like I spoke too soon. Doh!

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank goodness for natural selection.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 am

[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 am

Ala mode is with ice cream and a scale is where you see the result of too much Ala mode.
I'd also like to hear the swollen head Mozart's enlightened noise. (If he can play anything other than a Swinette.)
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

ARP

Post by ARP » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:36 pm

It would be nice if Moog would comment on this, even a hint that they are considering it. Being that it won't be cheap, it might motivate some folks to start $aving now , if they do it as nice as the Taurus III,Voyager, LP, it will certainly be a must have .
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:46 am

ARP wrote:It would be nice if Moog would comment on this, even a hint that they are considering it. Being that it won't be cheap, it might motivate some folks to start $aving now , if they do it as nice as the Taurus III,Voyager, LP, it will certainly be a must have .
Agreed. I can't help thinking that there must have been some discussion over the last few years. Perhaps especially moreso now since it seems we're all kinda thinking of the same thing. Sorta like the 'interconnectedness of all things'.

Of course, when you look at the polls, it looks like a relatively small number of people have actually participated... what is it, less than 50? But still... I'd love to hear someone from Moog weigh in on this, at least as far as they think it feasible or not.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 am

I would suggest that it would be much more likely they would speak up if they simply thought it wasn't feasible, so as to tamp down expectation. To me, their silence suggests they're actually working on it, or at least considering it.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 am

HB3 wrote:I would suggest that it would be much more likely they would speak up if they simply thought it wasn't feasible, so as to tamp down expectation. To me, their silence suggests they're actually working on it, or at least considering it.

Considering some of Amos's posts on other forums... I'd say it's safe to assume they have something in the works. As to how far that is away is another story altogether. But it makes me feel happy inside that at least they have something in mind.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Christopher Winkels

Post by Christopher Winkels » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:41 am

I'm sure there's also an aspect of wanting to avoid the Osborne Effect (assuming there is something in the works).

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:14 am

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 am

anoteoftruth wrote:
HB3 wrote:I would suggest that it would be much more likely they would speak up if they simply thought it wasn't feasible, so as to tamp down expectation. To me, their silence suggests they're actually working on it, or at least considering it.

Considering some of Amos's posts on other forums... I'd say it's safe to assume they have something in the works. As to how far that is away is another story altogether. But it makes me feel happy inside that at least they have something in mind.
Someone reported back from the Messe that Moog is working on something really nice. Let's see... I hope it's a BIG poly.
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a Minimoog.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:30 pm

[quote="ikazlarSomeone reported back from the Messe that Moog is working on something really nice. Let's see... I hope it's a BIG poly.[/quote]

do you have any more info or links about this?

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:37 pm

I read the post too. I can't remember the forum or Amos's handle there, but it was not slightly implied or hinted at. It was pretty much stated that a poly was being worked on. Coming to fruition is yet another step beyond.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Sir Nose wrote:but it was not slightly implied or hinted at. It was pretty much stated that a poly was being worked on.
Well if it was "stated" that a poly was being worked on.. that seems enough of a "slight" hint to me... seeing as how we're talking about wether or not a poly is being worked on. haha.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

dr_floyd

Post by dr_floyd » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Yes, it was strongly implied there was poly work being done.

And again, with the 6 Moog filter board already designed and used in the Moog guitar, which also might contain 6 VCAs, the engineering could already be in place to start a 6 voice poly.

Other features:
1. Multi-timbral - so if it's 6 voices, then it can be 6 entirely different voice programs simultaneously, with an alternating mode similar to the Oberheim Expander or the Yamaha TX.
2. Alternate tunings - in addition to standard multi-cultural scales, the possibility of any pitch for any note. Upside down keyboard a la Zawinul, etc.
3. CV i/o for VCO, VCF, VCA, keyb,mods, etc. Basically similar to Voyager.
4. Simple step sequencer and arpeggiator.
5. Maybe have a Murf built right in, you know, next to the touch pad/ribbon controller
6. Compact enough to be carried under one arm.