Editor Librarian Software v3.5 is here !!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 am

It's mostly to make sounds (hopefully cool sounds) with the preset genetics actually, and that on the fly while I have a PT session running...
I couldn't use the editor before with protools running so I had to monitor the voyager through my console and didn't had another way to record or continue working on a session, so it was basically useless to me.
For programming and controlling automation parameters ill probably stick to those in my daw, I first record them in midi exclusive and tweak later on. I prefer tweaking the knobs on the voyager first rather than writing them in automation lanes first.
Hope this clarify's my intentions a bit ;-)

Oh I forgot to mention it will be easier now to save the users sounds with the editor running as I overwrote the user-bank G with the new patches during the last update :idea:

Cheers

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

tHEbUZZ wrote:I couldn't use the editor before with protools running so I had to monitor the voyager through my console and didn't had another way to record or continue working on a session
Ok, that makes sense, something about them sharing the same IO?

Well I'm glad it's fixed for you now, happy jamming.

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 pm

yes they shared the same IO, I must add I had some fun making new sounds today thanks to you, thanks again man :-)

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 pm

It's cool, we all learned something here.

It does have me wondering now about the possibility of using DAW automation or VST's to randomize the Editor or Voyagers parameters in real time.

Like for example, being able to use dblue glitch to randomize MIDI CC events. That's a stretch I know, but there must be some VST's that can generate morphing MIDI CC information to a select destination.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 am

like max pluggo or bidule?
i wonder is it very difficult to make the editor completely vst, so that it can act in b.e. cubase?
that way connecting it to pluggo., bidule or reaktor would be very simple

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:01 am

sunny pedaal wrote:like max pluggo or bidule?
i wonder is it very difficult to make the editor completely vst, so that it can act in b.e. cubase?
that way connecting it to pluggo., bidule or reaktor would be very simple
I'm not sure if it's dificult to make it vst, thats up to soundtower. but i'm sure you could try the as we just did with midyoke and virtual midi so you can use it in cubase.

tHEbUZZ

Post by tHEbUZZ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 am

Subtronik wrote:It's cool, we all learned something here.

It does have me wondering now about the possibility of using DAW automation or VST's to randomize the Editor or Voyagers parameters in real time.

Like for example, being able to use dblue glitch to randomize MIDI CC events. That's a stretch I know, but there must be some VST's that can generate morphing MIDI CC information to a select destination.
Not sure about that either, but you made me think of it now for the last two day's though ;-)