Help with probably something very easy to solve

Everything Phatty.
Gashead9

Help with probably something very easy to solve

Post by Gashead9 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi,

I am very proud to be a brand new owner of my very 1st analog synth, an LP stage 2 :) I am very new to production in general and use logic pro 8 as my sequencer of choice, I have managed to hook the LP up to logic as an external midi device and have already had mucho fun playing around with ideas and riffs, my problem though is that i was wondering if there was any way to multi channel the LP on logic so that I can use it more than once in a project, i.e I would have a bass track on one channel & a pad sound on the other and they would both be audible on midi playback. Or does the LP only have the 1 channel available?

Would be grateful for a solution

HB3

Post by HB3 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Nope! One note at a time....

nickster

Post by nickster » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm

No, "one track at a time sweet Jebus"
but you can always record an audio track from your LP then set up a new track and play over it with a new LP audio track.

Klopfgeist

Post by Klopfgeist » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Record your MIDI part, then bounce it (Bounce In Place if you upgrade to Logic 9), then option+command+n to create a new track and start layering! If I am recording a hardware synth, I always bounce down to audio once I edit all the MIDI information; that makes it easier to process, sample, or do whatever you want with an audio file. But you should always save your MIDI regions, in case you want to duplicate the part later, so press h to hide the track when you are done.
So this thing only plays one note?

http://soundcloud.com/unarius
http://www.youtube.com/user/plague1715