Future Retro Orb and MIDI-CV question

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
narrowcaster

Future Retro Orb and MIDI-CV question

Post by narrowcaster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm thinking of getting a Future Retro Orb to use with my Little Phatty and Moogerfoogers. So the question -- does the Orb's MIDI-CV function work well with Moogerfoogers? What I'm thinking of is using the LP MIDI out and converting it to CV with the Orb to control things like the Freqbox frequency and the Filter cutoff. If anyone can report either great success or pitfalls to be aware of, that would be helpful, thanks...

CTRLSHFT

Re: Future Retro Orb and MIDI-CV question

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

narrowcaster wrote:I'm thinking of getting a Future Retro Orb to use with my Little Phatty and Moogerfoogers. So the question -- does the Orb's MIDI-CV function work well with Moogerfoogers? What I'm thinking of is using the LP MIDI out and converting it to CV with the Orb to control things like the Freqbox frequency and the Filter cutoff. If anyone can report either great success or pitfalls to be aware of, that would be helpful, thanks...
I was using my revolution to control the MF-107 for this purpose, so yeah, works great. The accent comes out very hot btw, you'll need to attenuate if you're going to be using it for filter cutoff on the LP.
www.ctrlshft.com

Brad

Post by Brad » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 am

I have also used a FR Revolution to successfully control a Voyager and Moogerfoogers with CVs.
Voyager Performer, Taurus III, Etherwave Plus, MF 102, 104Z, 105, 107, CP 251, VX 351, Future Retro Revolution, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton Extreme, Hammond XK-1

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks...