Buying Little Phatty with CV mod preinstalled in Europe

Everything Phatty.
jaahans

Buying Little Phatty with CV mod preinstalled in Europe

Post by jaahans » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 am

Hi!

I am looking to buy a new Little Phatty Stage II synth. I live in Europe.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know where I can buy this synth in Europe with the CV Mod preinstalled?

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm

As far as I know, the only place selling Phatties with the CV mod preinstalled is Sweetwater. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PhattySWCVor/

As of now it is a limited release part of Sweetwaters 30th Aniversary. It maybe that only 30 "Solar Editions" will be released.

I imagine in the future, it will be available elsewhere. I am sure that Moog does not want non-CV mod LPs it's dealers already have to sit. I would think, most in the market for a new LP would throw in the extra $200. Maybe not though.

I would also think since you can purchase a stage II directly from moogs web site. http://www.moogmusic.com/littlephatty/? ... t_id=21113 And they perform the CV out as a factory mod you could call and get it done before it ships.

As far as getting it in Europe and not importing it yourself, you may be able to get a dealer to order it from moog just as you would from the web site.

jaahans

Post by jaahans » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I guess I'll have to contact my local dealers and ask how much more would it cost to have them import a premodified synth from Moog for me. I'm not going to pay more than $200 extra for it though (If I were to import it myself, I would have to pay a lot more because of shipping and customs costs etc).

If I'm buying this synth, I don't want to buy something that doesn't have all the features.. As the Sweetwater version already has the mod preinstalled, I don't want to settle for anything less. :)

jaahans

Post by jaahans » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 am

Well, I contacted a reseller here in Europe, and the extra cost for having this update preinstalled was equivalent to almost $600.

I guess I'll have to do without Little Phatty for now.

Does anyone know if there will be a Stage 3 version of this synth available in the near future, that would have the CV Output mod preinstalled as standard?

Or any other options for european customers than to pay $600 for the upgrade?

eS

Post by eS » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 am

Hi. Here in Italy, the official importer asks €1219 (+taxes) for what they call the "Little Phatty II VCO". You can see it on their catalogue (page 5): http://www.midiware.com/listini/pdf/Listino_02_10.pdf
Cannot live without: Moog Little Phatty SE - Clavia Nord Electro 2 - Commodore 64 running MSSIAH - MacBook Pro + iMac

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 pm

We do offer the CV Out mod in a kit form that our distributors in other countries can install, if their repair techs are willing to do the work. We've done this successfully in a couple of countries already. Best is to email techsupport @ moogmusic .com and ask about it - be sure to tell where you live so we can locate the closest tech.

Cheers,

Amos