Firmware SX code error 2 and 3

Everything Phatty.
Sofine

Firmware SX code error 2 and 3

Post by Sofine » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:12 am

Hi,

I have searched this forum and noticed that a fair few users have had firmware update problems too, so I thought I would post my particulars and hope that someone might be able to advise me.

I have a stage I and was using OS v2.0 and decided to update to 2.2 which I downloaded from the Moog site.

I have an intel i7 with XP SP3 and used the midi ports on my digi002r

I also downloaded the editor as it allows for the OS firmware upgrade even in demo mode. The options presented to me was to update to 2.1 (an option on a button in the app) or to choose a sysex file. I selected to choose a file and pointed to the 2.2 update. It keeps giving me a firmware sx code error 2 and 3, sometimes asking for a power cycle too.

I then tried midi OX with the recommended buffer settings (1025 / 256 in & out). The sysex transmitted much quicker here and the Phatty LCD simply read firmware update stage 1 (or 2, can't quite remember) for the entire time.

Finally, in depsaration and fear, I had a copy of hte old Moog exe file for the v2 OS which I ran. This luckily installed OS 2 back and the phatty was working again.

I tried a few more times to get 2.1 (in the moog editor app), 2.2 by choosing the 2.2 file in the moog editor app and also tried 2.2 in midiOX again. Each time I get the same error.

I am not going to try again, but any idea what's up here? Pretty dissappoiting lack of info available on the moog site about this. Amos?

Also, I read in the forum that a shorter USB cable helped someone transmit sysex. Would the same apply for a MIDI cable?

Thanks in advance

Simon.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 am

Thank you for this very informative post. I am following the story, and given what's been going on, I have decided to stick to 2.0 for now. I made only one OS update so far to my LP and it was successful. On that regard, I am using a MidiSport and these it seems are part of the recipe that work consistently better than others, many users reported success with them.

The situation is pretty difficult for now, let's hope it gets sorted out in time.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 am

Hi. I used a midisport 8x8 up until a few weeks ago when it crapped out on me and despite several eprom upgrades it just wouldn't work again. However, the various OS upgrade I performed on the Phatty when it was working did work fine, first time, so I think the midisports shouldn't be part of the equation.

Hmmn, I wonder if in my case it's the digi002 midi ports that might be causing gip. I might dust off my midisport 1x1 uno and try with that...

Will update this eve...

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 am

I used the midisport 1x1 uno for all my updates and sysex dumps with no problem. I have not moved up from 2.1 to 2.2 though. I am waiting for the ARP/high LFO setting bug to get sorted out.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 am

Thanks Sir Nose.

I will try the 2.1 update this evening. I was going to over the weekend but I got caught up in a fantstic space disco creative mojo whirlwind and didn't want to stop!

From trawling the threads, the arp bug in 2.2 only occurs at very high lfo rates? What would be the benefits in upgrading to 2.2?

Cheers,

Si.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Just to let the forum know that the update to 2.1 worked perfectly first time using my midisport 1x1, so the digi002 ports seemed to cause an issue.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:34 pm

nice :D