Behind-the-scenes Taurus action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuwlUK-XP7I

Enjoy

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:35 am

We will enjoy.... 8)

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 am

Nice one! I'm sure my PC speakers don't do it justice, though. :)

Good to see our MC there in the studio too ;)

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:46 am

Yes!!!

I want to load this video up in my studio but it's too early...

Have a great time at NAMM, Moog!

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:44 am

Damn

I sure hope a set of these doesn't get much above retail in a couple of years when I might be ready for them. They seem quite amazing.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 am

So much more than the original Taurus too (sic). T1 owners will be green.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

MC

Post by MC » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 am

I told you they sounded like my T1 pedals :wink:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Sir Nose wrote:Damn

I sure hope a set of these doesn't get much above retail in a couple of years when I might be ready for them. They seem quite amazing.
I was thinking of ordering a 2nd set for investment purposes, and I certainly wouldn't hold it against Moog if they built a 2nd run of pedals to meet demand. Man they sound good - can't wait for the day the UPS truck shows up at my door...

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:13 pm

My initial idea was to sell my set. I got the discount so theres 300 some odd dollars AT LEAST to be made. But, I think that I was only kidding with myself when I thought that I could ever part with them.

I just watched the videos and Im really really interested to see how they will react in my own studio, but more importantly, they need to meet the Voyager and make some MIDI love together.

I need a sequencer(s) so bad.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:07 pm

MC wrote:I told you they sounded like my T1 pedals :wink:
I knew they were going to. But nobody listened to me. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

alamilla

Post by alamilla » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 am

superd2112 wrote:I certainly wouldn't hold it against Moog if they built a 2nd run of pedals to meet demand.
This is what I'm holding out for.

I really need a polysynth in my life but I really want the Taurus III as well
I can't justify having a set right now in my studio (particularly with the expense!)
so fingers crossed for a stage version ;)
http://www.myspace.com/skipteque

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:27 am

I wouldn't count on them making a second run of the Taurus III, that would be kind of crappy if they did because if they advertise a "One and only one Run" of a product, and then made a second run, they would be pulling a roland. I know that might sound unfair to those who couldn't jump on the opportunity to get one, but it would bust their marketing integrity a little bit perhaps. It would make people see the next item and hold out rather than impulsively buy them like some of us who made preorders did.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm

EricK wrote:I wouldn't count on them making a second run of the Taurus III, that would be kind of crappy if they did because if they advertise a "One and only one Run" of a product, and then made a second run, they would be pulling a roland. I know that might sound unfair to those who couldn't jump on the opportunity to get one, but it would bust their marketing integrity a little bit perhaps. It would make people see the next item and hold out rather than impulsively buy them like some of us who made preorders did.

Eric
However crappy that might seem, at the time they were considering doing the T3 they were probably very unsure if they would be able to sell enough units to recoup R&D, as well as to make up for the loss of resources for their other product lines. For a such niche item as the T3, I don't begrudge them attempting to get a lock on a sales volume target before deciding to commit the resources to it.

It's unfortunate that they would depict it as a limited run, and I'm sure they mean it. However, if later on there are enough people asking for another run, I for one wouldn't think ill of Moog if they relented and did another run. After all, they're in business to sell product, and that keeps them in business. Besides, they could always come out with the T4, adding functionality to the existing T3 design, which would then serve to keep their marketing cred intact.

Hey, it's getting tough out there! That Moog Music is even thriving, let alone surviving, is pretty amazing.

No flies on them.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 pm

i can see them doing another run - or maybe a rack version run instead. Personally T3 in a rack doesn't interest too much - i want to look good on stage :). i wouldn't be too upset though if they feel there's a market, why not?
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Actually, it might make sense for Moog to make a rack version using the T3 feedback circuit design. They may not market it as a Taurus, but being able to get "that bass" from a rack module would likely appeal to many people, especially if the price point isn't too high.