Moog Taurus 3 Stand

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EmptyJ

Moog Taurus 3 Stand

Post by EmptyJ » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm

hi,i want to know if the new moog taurus 3 bass pedal can be put in quik lok stands,
quik lok-ql-400 or quik lok ql-402
Thanks
J :roll:

superd2112

Re: Moog Taurus 3 Stand

Post by superd2112 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

EmptyJ wrote:hi,i want to know if the new moog taurus 3 bass pedal can be put in quik lok stands,
quik lok-ql-400 or quik lok ql-402
Thanks
Hello, & welcome to the forum! It looks like the T3s would fit in the QL-402, but playing them on the stand could prove problematic. Also, the side located outputs might be partially blocked by the stand. Are you planning on using the Taurus as a MIDI module, maybe in a studio setup?

EmptyJ

Moog Taurus 3 Stand

Post by EmptyJ » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi&Thanks,
no i dont gone use at as a midi module,in a studio set up yes and it will be better to me that it sit on a stand&high,so the quik lok-ql 402 will be good,you have another stands like this one that will be good for me
Thanks Much

superd2112

Re: Moog Taurus 3 Stand

Post by superd2112 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 pm

EmptyJ wrote:Hi&Thanks,
no i dont gone use at as a midi module,in a studio set up yes and it will be better to me that it sit on a stand&high,so the quik lok-ql 402 will be good,you have another stands like this one that will be good for me
Thanks Much
I don't know - weight-wise, the Taurus 3 is a pretty beefy synth (no pun intended), and it may be safer to simply play it on top of a table to prevent it from accidently falling to the floor. Sturdy as it is, I don't think it would survive a 5-foot fall.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 pm

That might be difficult putting a Taurus unit on a stand because of the foot pedals. You might go with a tabletop stand designed for electric pianos like Rhodes. Those are about 70 bucks.

Now are you wanting them to be inside the bottom of a stand on the floor?

This is the dilema for those uf us who own Voyagers or Phattys or any other narrow synth on a stand, is how to properly sit at the voyager and have the pedals situated for proper playing posture/ technique.

Im currently trying to figure this one out myself. I almost won a polymoog auction, and that would have solved my problem.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Eric, not sure what he plans on doing with them - the stand he asked about is a pedestal mixer stand. From the grammar & sp errors, I'm thinking maybe MTJ is just "trolling" around the forum for info...

EmptyJ

taurus 3 stand

Post by EmptyJ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 pm

you have more stands options to me,i dont want the taurus 3 to be on the floor or to put at on a table that it take much space of my room,the quik lok ql-402 will be good but i just saw that in wide(27 inch) is ok and in the deep is not good the taurus 3 is 24 inch&stand just max 16 inch,so help to find a good stand that not take much space
:roll:

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 am

It's also possible that someone here might not have English as their native language... just something to remember folks.

But of course the trolling thing IS important to be aware of too; what's with the two posts in the Taurus forum talking about friggin' Nokia phones and stuff??

Voltor07

Re: taurus 3 stand

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 am

EmptyJ wrote:you have more stands options to me,i dont want the taurus 3 to be on the floor or to put at on a table that it take much space of my room,the quik lok ql-402 will be good but i just saw that in wide(27 inch) is ok and in the deep is not good the taurus 3 is 24 inch&stand just max 16 inch,so help to find a good stand that not take much space
:roll:
Would a Z-stand work for you? A two tier, perhaps? Quik-Lok makes some very nice stands, but the weight and odd shape of the Taurus III makes it difficult to find something suitable to put it on. This is indeed a conundrum. :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:24 pm

I think the first thing to consider is that, whatever stand you go with, you will probably want to put mount the T3 on top of a 25" X 24" X 3/4" plywood board on the stand, since the T3 is made to sit on a flat surface. Paint the board black, and no one will know the difference.

After that, choose whichever stand will accommodate the board. You could go with a Quik Loc WS-550, if you don't need to roll it around. Or, you could try the Quik Loc ZM/20 legs with the ZM/25 or ZM/34 crossbar, and then add the ZM/99 caster kit (wheels).

I hope that this helps you.

:D

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Yeah I got to thinking, and without a shelf like that, theres no way that the Taurus would go on a stand like that. Because of the nature of the way these are played, and the shape of the unit, the rubber foot placement being where they are, onw would have to perfectly situation the unit on a stand and theres no room for error before ones taurus is on the floor.

There ain't going to be any bull wrastling in my studio.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 pm

I would also recommend forgetting about using the Quik Lok QL-402 as, due to the weight of the T3 (45 lbs.) and the rather small diameter of the wheel base, it would be way too easy to tip over, and you would not be able to prevent it from happening if it started to go, as the wheels would just cause the base to slide out from under it as soon as you grabbed the top part of the stand to keep it from going over.

If you need to mount the T3 on a stand, don't cheap out, go for the most stable and sturdy stand that you can afford.