What did I do to my duphonic communication????

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dingebre

What did I do to my duphonic communication????

Post by dingebre » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:34 am

I've been using my Voyager keyboard and RME as a duphonic system quite nicely, however, that has changed tonight and I can't figure out what I did.

Before, and desired operation, I hit key #1 and the keyboard Voyager triggers a note, hit key #2 holding key #1, RME triggers a note. Keep holding key #1, press a new key, only key #2 triggers a new note on the RME.

Now, undesired, hit key #1, ok, hit key#2, ok, hold key #1 release #2, key #1 re-triggers. Not good.

What did I scew up? If I use a separate controller, it all works fine. It only screws up with the native Voyager keyboard.

Oh, yes I did reset to factory and then re-did the MIDI key order.

One more comment, the keyboard sees both the first key press and the second key press. Why? It should only respond to the first key press the way I have the MIDI key order setup.

Thanks
David

CZ Rider

Re: What did I do to my duphonic communication????

Post by CZ Rider » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 am

dingebre wrote: What did I scew up? If I use a separate controller, it all works fine. It only screws up with the native Voyager keyboard.

Oh, yes I did reset to factory and then re-did the MIDI key order.

One more comment, the keyboard sees both the first key press and the second key press. Why? It should only respond to the first key press the way I have the MIDI key order setup.

Thanks
David
Not really outlined well in the manual, but MIDI key order is just that, and not Voyager key order. Poly Voyager needs the keyboard local off and MIDI out looped back into the Voyager MIDI in, so it can sort notes by MIDI order. RME gets the MIDI thru from Voyager. Otherwise it would act like any mono synthesizer and play the next highest/lowest note when two notes are depressed. Only does poly via MIDI.
Took me forever to sort it out. Should be mentioned in the manual?

dingebre

Re: What did I do to my duphonic communication????

Post by dingebre » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 pm

CZ Rider wrote: Not really outlined well in the manual, but MIDI key order is just that, and not Voyager key order. Poly Voyager needs the keyboard local off and MIDI out looped back into the Voyager MIDI in, so it can sort notes by MIDI order. RME gets the MIDI thru from Voyager. Otherwise it would act like any mono synthesizer and play the next highest/lowest note when two notes are depressed. Only does poly via MIDI.
Took me forever to sort it out. Should be mentioned in the manual?
Seriously? I swear it was working with it being hooked up that way. But... when I think about it, now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for the help. I'm glad you could understand what I wrote. It was very late and I had general anesthesia yesterday for an outpatient procedure which also explains a lot of other confusion and all the pretty lights :)

David