did anyone else see this??? [more pics!]

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
timmy

did anyone else see this??? [more pics!]

Post by timmy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Last edited by timmy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:27 pm

oh... and I am very pleased. i cannot wait to play these. Moog - if you are reading this - check your fax machine and deliver immediately. thank you in advance.

lexsadler

Post by lexsadler » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Good lord.

That's incredibly sexy.

WOW
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lexsadler]Visit me on Myspace[/url]

R6.02

Post by R6.02 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks for posting Timmy. Wow!!! That absolutely rocks. 8)

Confirmation fax sent to Moog today...

Collective Tones

OMG that is a Sexy!!!

Post by Collective Tones » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 am

:o

I can't wait to fire that bad boy up! My band is gonna sound huge!
Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

R6.02

Post by R6.02 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:11 am

Man, at first blush, I have to say that Moog knocked this one out of the park!! Of course the proof will be in the pudding in terms of what it sounds like, but from a visual standpoint, bravo.

Now we need to get a shot of the back of this baby. :shock:

I just changed my desktop wallpaper...

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:31 am

Oh Yes!

Moogasm!

Well lets start analyzing this thing shall we?

First off Im noticing that they REALLY REALLY took our ideas and suggestions in mind. If you think back to the polls, the octave number (perhaps not), I think we demanded wooden sides, etc. I had hoped that we ended up with a product that really matched the Voyager/Moogerfooger (I was really really hoping for this) products. This is like a hybrid of all their gear all wrapped into one, with some new features.

Second, noticing that this thing only has one potentiometer really indicates that this is REALLY INTENDED TO BE PLAYED WITH THE FEETS. No tabletop usage in this puppy!

Im noticing these footwheels, these things really look like something NEW from Moog. I can't wait to sweep these puppies! I hope they are rough and tough. Ordering special organ players shoes that will never see the grit of outside dirtyness.

That looks like a lot of sheet metal. Looks like they went the panel decal route rather than print screening all of the markings...at least thats how it looks in the photo.

I like the buttons, Notice the Taurus III instead of the VAR preset. Still I can't wait to hear the Originals. I really like the fact that they used the Fooger Stomp switches rather than those big plastic buttons. I think these woudl probably last longer.

I can't wait to see the side/rear view of these puppies to see the ins and outs.

Im really digging the look of this thing, I never was a real fan of the phatty's looks, and because I don't own one, I REALLY wanted it to match the Voyager/Foogers. It looks heavy. Wheres the other handle I wonder.

THANK YOU MOOG!

Sorry that you weren't the first to do the reveal.

Well, my whistle is wet. Wheres my email?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock:
Eric

Can't wait to see the side by side comparison videos sure to come...
Last edited by EricK on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 am

Im looking at the Beat Freq and Beat button and Im wondering how that is going to be like.

Im also thinking that this thing will be good for those players on a dark stage.

How many of you already have bass pedal chops? I know Im going to have to learn now.

Does anyone reccomend any particular type of keyboard stand? One narrow enough to hold a Voyager or Phatty at a proper height to sit down and play and yet wide enough at its base to accomodate this new sibling?

Please have external audio inputs!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:55 am

Man, these are the Ferrari of bass pedals! Glad I opted for the case, as these bad boys are way to pretty to beat to death in the back of my car. Love the lighted vol & control wheels - guess I dont need to worry about a gooseneck lamp socket. Probably won't need an MP-201 either, as it appears this baby has a great interface. I don't think thats so much a handle on top, but rather a foot guard to keep you from mashing the lone knob. I was counting the days 'till they would arrive - now counting the minutes!!

HB3

Post by HB3 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:20 am

Man! Oh, the hotness.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am

Are there LEDs in those rubber wheels? Nice. And that huge Control LED strip is cool. i like the orange LEDs, remind me of my JD-800. i think i would have liked one more knob for tabletop use, but i can use MIDI for that. Eveything looks pukka.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

alamilla

Post by alamilla » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 am

It looks SO good
great combination of the Phatty and Voyager aesthetics

wish I had the money to fork out for one but I need outboard equipment more urgently now!

fingers crossed for a "Stage Edition"...?
http://www.myspace.com/skipteque

MC

Post by MC » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:09 am

Wow!

Only 1000 of these will be made? These puppies will sell out quick.

1.5 octave was on my wish list but no big deal...
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 pm

This looks so cool!

timmy

Post by timmy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 pm

MORE PICS: sides and back

... you thought you were drooling over the last pic... :shock: OMG

i know Moog said they were limiting to only 1000 units but ya know what? once this thing starts shipping, hits the shops, maybe makes an appearance at Winter NAMM, it's going to sell out. the taurus selling out is a done deal once the fence sitters have their reservations about it's sound quality resolved - it will be sold out. And personally, I won't hold it against Moog if they want to make another run of 500 or more. :D heck, all the R&D is done, the templates have been cut, at this point it's just a license to print money and they should for their efforts!

this is going to be a long wait despite it only being a few weeks. argggghhhh.