Molded ATA case for Taurus 3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
nicholas d. kent

Post by nicholas d. kent » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:29 am

To get or not get the case makes me kind of nervous. I think the price is high, not outrageous but some thoughts go through my head.

I remember I bought an expensive case for my Etherwave Pro from Moog Music. I guess I didn't research it as much as I could have in hindsight. It turned out to be a case designed for both the Voyager and Etherwave Pro, which itself maybe is promising but in reality was enormous, way too large to make gigging an easy one person task. I don't know if the double use lowered the price, perhaps but it turns out I paid full list price from Moogmusic. After the fact I realized I should have bought a Voyager case from a dealer at a substantially lower price. Not that the same product different name will likely happen but the cheaper from dealers surely might given there will be dealer sales of the Taurus, correct?

I'm not aiming to sell my Taurus III but as a general observation, I always see second hand cases selling for a small fraction of what their owners pay.

So I'm really curious how long case remains available. I didn't see anything about it not being available for anything except preorder. Certainly if dealers offer it, then the price will be substantially lower than full list. On the other hand I could imagine them running out without notice.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 am

Just looking online and i figure at least an extra $100 import duty on the case (before extra postage for extra weight), so i reckon this case will cost me at least $650 on top of at least $250 customs charges for the Taurus. That brings the total cost to around $2750 and i was an early adopter. Zoiks. Case forgotten about for now, will look for UK alternative (even custom made will work out cheaper i think).
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm

I have inquired about the Hardshell case for the Voyager as well as the MoogerFooger Rack shelves from Nova Musik. These are just items that for some reason they weren't able to come down off of the price. I don't see a dealer really able to work with prices of items not produced by Moog in the same way that they may offer great deals on specific Moog products.

Im also at a loss about the case, Im not questioning the cost of the case, just I know that I can't afford it right now. Voltor mentioned something to me about how he dreds the UPS shipping his Taurus and that made me wish I had an extra 500 to blow on a case. Also seeing as how these are goign to be instant collectors items, a case of any sort is definately in order.

I hope that UPS doesn't dance many a jig on our caseless taurus packages.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 pm

EricK wrote:
I hope that UPS doesn't dance many a jig on our caseless taurus packages.
i'm assuming these are all insured anyway, so UPS would have to fork out for a new set.

R6.02

Post by R6.02 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 am

Based on the preliminary pics of the T3, might be feasible to use an existing T1 case. That's my plan initially. Looks like the dimensions should be pretty close. Either way, it shouldn't be too difficult to get hands on a suitable case for it.

Like many others however, I do share the concern of getting it safely from Moog to my front door. That's another issue...

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:29 pm

I'd like to see a photo of the case and the T3 in it before I make a decision.

In Canada, there's a company called Clydesdale - they make the case that transports the Stanley Cup - and their stuff is world class. $500 US can be a lot more up here depending on exchange, and of course shipping and customs fees. I have to do a bit more research. Of course, once I get my T3, then I'll know the dimensions and stuff...

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:33 pm

the T3 is bigger than a T1; I don't think it would fit in a T1 road case.

R6.02

Post by R6.02 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Bigger than the T1?!? :shock:

Wow. Looking at the pics, I would have sworn it was a bit 'slimmer' than the original T1 casing. Thanks for the update.

OK, well now I have to rethink my case options for gigs. Any chance pics of the T3 case will be available as this baby gets unveiled?

sixofthebest

Post by sixofthebest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 am

I faxed my CC info and sent e-mail to ask to get back if they received it.
They returned no reply......
I left a message in their answer phone.
They returned no e-mail neither....

Has anyone got any ???????

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:30 am

sixofthebest wrote:I faxed my CC info and sent e-mail to ask to get back if they received it.
They returned no reply......
I left a message in their answer phone.
They returned no e-mail neither....

Has anyone got any ???????
Odd. i faxed my CC and emailed them straight away to confirm that they'd received my fax and they replied about two minutes later.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:36 pm

I think they're all out sick....

sixofthebest

Post by sixofthebest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm

I got the reply.
Thank you moog and forum !

tore

Post by tore » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:02 am

I vote for case for the coming T3... or I have to put it in a "Tine" Norwegian woodenbox. :twisted:
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)